Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like the world's worst girlfriend...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
and perhaps i am. My bf wants me to go to thanksgiving at his mom's house. I declined bc i really don't like thanksgiving. I'll have my kids til 3 and want to spend time w him. And not to mention that his mom drives me infuckingsane. Like to an illogical point. Her food sucks, but i won't be able to bring a dish to pass. She is nosey as fuck and overbearing. She never stops w the ceaseless questions. So i decided that thanksgiving, i'll make a thanksgiving lunch and chill out. Watch some movies, clean. Enjoy one of my very rare days of lonesome-ness. Maybe go see my dad, considering i've spent every holiday w my bf's family. In starts the guilt trips tonight. Saying that its depressing that i won't create a memory w him. Forfuckssake. I just want a day to be alone!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PiNkIsPuNk
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

FIRST!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM

If you see a future with him, you should just suck it up and go.  But can you really see marrying him considering your possible future MIL?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM
i've been asked this a lot recently. I had planned on marrying him and building a life together. But the way his mom is. Seriously. He wants to move away from his family after we get married... Esp after the comments his mom made when he said he wanted it to spend w his "new" family. She went on to say "you're neglecting your REAL family. How can you do this to your REAL family?"

Quoting Anonymous:

If you see a future with him, you should just suck it up and go.  But can you really see marrying him considering your possible future MIL?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Stick to your plan and enjoy your day. He can choose to spend the day with you and make new memories.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM
If you don't want to spend the holiday with him time to break up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM
oh i do. I always want to spend time w him. Just not at his mom's house for thanksgiving. they all hate each other and the atmosphere is so thick w tension, you can touch it.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't want to spend the holiday with him time to break up
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't go either. Actually next time he starts in on the memories bullshit, guilt trip him back and tell him he could just stay with you and y'all could have your own memory.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Lame.

Quoting PiNkIsPuNk:

FIRST!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)