Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like the world's worst girlfriend...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
and perhaps i am. My bf wants me to go to thanksgiving at his mom's house. I declined bc i really don't like thanksgiving. I'll have my kids til 3 and want to spend time w him. And not to mention that his mom drives me infuckingsane. Like to an illogical point. Her food sucks, but i won't be able to bring a dish to pass. She is nosey as fuck and overbearing. She never stops w the ceaseless questions. So i decided that thanksgiving, i'll make a thanksgiving lunch and chill out. Watch some movies, clean. Enjoy one of my very rare days of lonesome-ness. Maybe go see my dad, considering i've spent every holiday w my bf's family. In starts the guilt trips tonight. Saying that its depressing that i won't create a memory w him. Forfuckssake. I just want a day to be alone!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

How long have yall been together?  And if you've been spending every holiday with his family, I think it's perfectly okay to decline...especially since yall aren't even married.  Last Christmas I chose to spend the day at home by myself with just my son because I didn't want to deal with my own family.  This year, I declined going to my boyfriend's Thanksgiving...would have been my first time meeting anyone in his family...and basically everyone is going to be there.  Granted, I'm going to spend part of Thanksgiving day with my aunt, uncle, parents, sister, and cousins...it would have been 4 days with my boyfriend's family.  As of now, the plan is for him to spend Christmas with my mom's side and then a few days later travel for my dad's side..

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM

why will you only have your kids til 3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM
we've been together since jan this year. The first fam event that i went to on his side was the super bowl. Its so awkward bc he and i are very, very different from his family. So i'm constantly peppered w questions. And he doesn't talk or do *anything* during these family events. Just sulks, really. they're not enjoyable for *him* so why does he insist going???

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have yall been together?  And if you've been spending every holiday with his family, I think it's perfectly okay to decline...especially since yall aren't even married.  Last Christmas I chose to spend the day at home by myself with just my son because I didn't want to deal with my own family.  This year, I declined going to my boyfriend's Thanksgiving...would have been my first time meeting anyone in his family...and basically everyone is going to be there.  Granted, I'm going to spend part of Thanksgiving day with my aunt, uncle, parents, sister, and cousins...it would have been 4 days with my boyfriend's family.  As of now, the plan is for him to spend Christmas with my mom's side and then a few days later travel for my dad's side..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
they'll be going to their father's at 3. My bf is not the father to my children. We split the holidays. Usually i get the first part of day and he gets the rest.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

oh .

Quoting Anonymous:

they'll be going to their father's at 3. My bf is not the father to my children. We split the holidays. Usually i get the first part of day and he gets the rest.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Tigress22304
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Take it from me (been with my man 6yrs and me and his mom are STILL like this) tell him (and his mom)it's time to cut the cord.

Nothing says ANYWHERE you have to spend Thanksgiving with his mother. Perhaps it's time for ya'll to start your own traditions. Perhaps the morning together then do your own thing in the afternoon ??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM
he works the night before til 7am on thanksgiving day. So he will be asleep from 8am til about 1pm when he wakes up for his mom's dinner. and then he goes to his aunt's. He wouldn't be able to come over til 8 or 9pm and he'll be exhausted and just want to sleep. Soooo.... Yea. Not much room for new traditions this year.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Take it from me (been with my man 6yrs and me and his mom are STILL like this) tell him (and his mom)it's time to cut the cord.

Nothing says ANYWHERE you have to spend Thanksgiving with his mother. Perhaps it's time for ya'll to start your own traditions. Perhaps the morning together then do your own thing in the afternoon ??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

PATHETIC....

Quoting PiNkIsPuNk:

FIRST!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM

You guys obviously have no sense of humor!

Quoting Anonymous:

PATHETIC....

Quoting PiNkIsPuNk:

FIRST!!

Tigress22304
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

he works the night before til 7am on thanksgiving day. So he will be asleep from 8am til about 1pm when he wakes up for his mom's dinner. and then he goes to his aunt's. He wouldn't be able to come over til 8 or 9pm and he'll be exhausted and just want to sleep. Soooo.... Yea. Not much room for new traditions this year.

Quoting Tigress22304:

my point was-he should stay home with you lol

this year DH and ss are going to his moms. DD and I will be with my family-and we're having our own family dinner friday :)

(its worth a try)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)