Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We finally got a name...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

We are currently looking for my husbands younger half brother, whose his mother gave up for adoption when he was born and never told my husband about him until about a week ago, I explain more in this post:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17607885/Finding_a_child_who_was_given_up_for_adoption

First my husband called his mother, emailed her, even went to her house for the first time in five years, but she refused to respond or give any kind of information. Next he tried to talk to his uncles, who live with his mother and were living with her when the child was born, so he went to where they usually hang out. It went about as well as I expected, they made fun of him for a while and then when he told them why he was there, they got angry and told him to get lost before they knocked his teeth in. So, we turned to one last resort and went to talk to his uncle who is in a psychiatric hospital. The child was born when my husband was eight, about a year before his uncle was sent to prison and then the hospital, so he would have been around then. After some talking his uncle agreed to tell him what he knows, he gave us a name, a date, and a location. I won't give the date, location, or last name on here, to respect the privacy of the family, but what we do know is my husband's brother is 12 years old now, when he was adopted his adoptive family lived within 20 miles of our house, and his name is Abel. Our next move is to do some research and see if the family still lives in that town.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM
My niece just found her son that she gave up for adoption. I'll see if I can find the Facebook page where she got help. She didn't even know his new name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Thanks!

Quoting invisibleme:

My niece just found her son that she gave up for adoption. I'll see if I can find the Facebook page where she got help. She didn't even know his new name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)