Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So no one teaches respect anymore?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 124 Replies
7 moms liked this
From the other post, it seems that no one teaches respect anymore. I mean if you don't want to call a person Mister or Missus, that's you're personal choice, but wow, don't you at least know that it's respectful to do so? Or swearing in front of elderly people. Sorry that's the epitome of trashy, IJS. And I am far from modest, but seriously, there are some places I wouldn't even consider wearing my hoochie gear to.

So I can see why the younger generations are the way they are. No respect for themselves or others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I TOTALLY agree! I was shocked by that post!!! I'm glad for my southern upbringing lol.

It makes me sad for the future than no one is being taught etiquette or respect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh no.. my boys are being raised with "southern manners". We're all about "ladies first", saying yes/no sir/maam, opening doors up for people, letting elders go first, etc.

FL2AK
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I agree, it is truly sad that children aren't being taught the most basic of manners.  

taylamill
by Tayla on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
What did I miss?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I didn't see the post, but I've seen the elderly act like total disrespectful twits. They have mouths like sailors. It's not just the younger generation. 

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't even get through the whole post. I jusy couldnt believe it. And Im from the rudest city on earth and we still say yes ma'am and watch our language in front of old people and kids. Lol

Quoting 504bbymami:

I TOTALLY agree! I was shocked by that post!!! I'm glad for my southern upbringing lol.

It makes me sad for the future than no one is being taught etiquette or respect!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I'm teaching my girls to be polite and modest but also to never let anyone try to use them as a doormat. I'm a petite woman and it didn't take long for people to figure out I was nice but not taking anyone's crap.
mama_of_tw0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

AGREED!!!

AMDS0304
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I'm from the south and raise my kids to be respectful. They ask before then get anything. They open doors/hold doors for people. They say thank you, please and so on.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

i didnt see the other post.... but growing up, me and my sister would get smacked by my mom whenever we called her ma'am or even mother... it was always mom.

DS is being brought up to say ma'am though... and even he's been yelled at a few times, by 'grandma' when she was around, b/c he'd call her that... i yelled back at her...

working on the Sir aspect, but with no guys around, he doesnt see/say it as often as ma'am, when i call him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)