Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best long term birth control?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My insurance at work sent out a notice saying that all forms of birth control and sterilzation are now covered. I want to get off the pill and get something with less maintaince. I'm thinking about an IUD. I don't want the shot bc frankly, I'm fat enough as it is lol. I want to be able to have more kids some day. The ring is not good for me, my uterus is at a weird angle and its very difficult to get stuff like that to work.
What are your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Well an iud or the shot are pretty much your only non permanent choices besides BC
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Abstinence
keisha613
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I've heard good things about iud.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

WELL-----DH and I did the pull-out method for 4 years without a single pregnancy!! Of course, DH has A LOT of self-control!!! I guess condoms and spermicide are good options. Good luck!

eykelley
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I have an IUD. Had the mirena for 3 years, liked it. Light periods if any at all, no issues. Conceived my dd after having it removed. We have it 9 months before trying to get preggo for my periods to regulate.
I have the para guard now. I'm BFing my 11week old dd, so idk about the periods yet... But so far so good. :D

I would give it a go. Worst come to worst u have it removed cuz u don't like it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I have Paraguard IUD. I think it's fine. I had to use this one because I had an ectopic pregnancy and I need to get my period every month so I can be sure I am not pregnant.  My girlfriends both have Mirena and they love it, and they get no periods with it! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Love my IUD
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

If you get an IUD, don't get the copper one!!! I did, and it moved and got stuck in the lining of my uterus. It really hurt, and I had to have minor OP surgery to remove it!!

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Personally, I don't like the Mirena because everyone I know who has had it has had problems. Now, that could just be that the people putting it in are the problem...either way, it's not a risk I want to take. I'm getting the implanon here soon. It's injected into the arm and does the same thing but it's not like depo and his little risk of weight gain (serious issue for me, too lol)

haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Birth control makes me so annoyed. The pill makes me lose my sex drive completely (i've tried 3 different kinds...) ... I'm thinking of trying Mirena but I don't know... it still has hormones. So frustrating. I wish sex didn't make babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)