Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is my hubby the only one who does this...so frustrating!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I thought I had rounded up all my hubby's clothes to wash.  I start washing them, to only come back in our to to straighten up the bed and put his aquarium filter box up (just got a new filter for his aquarium yesterday, so he wants to hold onto the box, just in case there is a problem).  So, when I grab the box, his pj's and a few shirts are in the box, including 1 work shirt.  He has a laundry basket for his clothes, 1 for mine and 1 for our dd, so there is no excuses.  I hate thinking I have all the laundry washed and then this happens.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

don't wash them throw them back in the box. When he runs out of shit tell him that when he respects you enough to put his dirty clothes in the basket you'll be happy to wash them.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:20 AM

ALWAYS happens to me!  Very frustrating!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Our issue is socks. He hides his dirty socks to keep my son from wearing them.

usmc.momma
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 AM

my DH throws his clothes on the floor, next to the epmty laundry basket....

The.Hug.Life
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 AM

LOL, I'm absent-minded. When I do the laundry, I have to look all over the house 'cause who knows where I might of left something.

RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 AM

meh, i just throw the clothes back into the laundry or throw thebox next to him and give him the 'look', its all about communication ;)

unusualmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Everyone in my house hides laundry! Clean and dirty! I hate it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_of_tw0
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Omg mine does the same and irritates the crap our of me. IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!! lol

Quoting usmc.momma:

my DH throws his clothes on the floor, next to the epmty laundry basket....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:30 AM

dont do the stuff thats not int eh basket.  i used to drive myself bananas trying to pick up after DH.  i would end up screaming at him.  then one day it dawned on me that I am here to pick up and look after my kids, not my husband.  So now I don't pick up his messes.  I'll leave them right where he left them.  If they bother me too much I'll push them off to a corner.  If his clothes aren't in the hamper, im not washing them.  I don't put his clothes away for him.  I don't pick up his dishes.  I don't keep track of his shit.  That old me is long gone and its never coming back

I wouldn't have stopped all of this shit had he appreciated my efforts and at least said thanks every once in a hwile.  instead I constantly heard that I didnt do enough or that I was good enough.  took me 4 years but I finally decided that its not worth the struggle.  he can live in his own mess. 

Sometimes he says that he wishes Id do those things for him again.  I always remind him of the 4 years I just wished he would appreciate me contributions and how i got demeaned instead. 

thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Mine too! they mixed the dirty and clean stuff together the last few days. ugh i have been sick i don't wash stuff until after i get over colds don't want to fold grems lol

Quoting unusualmom:

Everyone in my house hides laundry! Clean and dirty! I hate it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN