Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think I over reacted....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

we have been with out aircondition or a stove or hotwater since Saturday and ON Sunday I decided to go down stairs to the apartment manager to see if we can get someone to fix it because i couldnt take the heat anymore, her reply Sorry i can't ddo anything for you I DO NOT GET PAID OVERTIME!  I flipped out because all I wanted was either a maintanece number or an emergency number where i can call and get my appliances fixed! DO YOU THINK I OVER REACTED?!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I would be calling a repair guy that will bill the complex...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM

it happened saturday we werent home for to long we were out all day running errands and my husband was working but on sunday it got wayyyy to hot! 

Quoting ihave1:

thats her being a slum lord. You can get her ass in big trouble,  why didnt you guys go to them sooner?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats what I thought?

Quoting beerabitch69:

Isn't that her Job 24/7?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I was thinking of doing this!

Quoting Buggy979:

I would be calling a repair guy that will bill the complex...

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I LIVE IN FLORIDA WAY TO HOT!

Quoting cmabbott:

I don't think you were over reacting, I'd be pissed.  Only about the stove or hotwater though.  It's freaking frigid here, our heat has been on for 2 months.

How hot is ''way too hot''? And it would depend on whether she was supposed to be on call or if there was a number I could call (that you should have known already) that would handle it.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

we never ever received a number to call.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cmabbott:

I don't think you were over reacting, I'd be pissed.  Only about the stove or hotwater though.  It's freaking frigid here, our heat has been on for 2 months.

How hot is ''way too hot''? And it would depend on whether she was supposed to be on call or if there was a number I could call (that you should have known already) that would handle it.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

check your lease-usually there is a time limit for how long they have to respond to a maintence call.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

will do!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

check your lease-usually there is a time limit for how long they have to respond to a maintence call.

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cmabbott:

I find that odd. How hot was it?

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Well i dont know the exact temp but i do know we were sweating at night!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cmabbott:

I find that odd. How hot was it?

BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Honestly, it doesnt even matter if the OP NEEDS her AC or not. She pays rent for those luxuries. The apartment manager is responsible for making sure those things are accessible to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)