Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think I over reacted....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

we have been with out aircondition or a stove or hotwater since Saturday and ON Sunday I decided to go down stairs to the apartment manager to see if we can get someone to fix it because i couldnt take the heat anymore, her reply Sorry i can't ddo anything for you I DO NOT GET PAID OVERTIME!  I flipped out because all I wanted was either a maintanece number or an emergency number where i can call and get my appliances fixed! DO YOU THINK I OVER REACTED?!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Thats the same thing my neighbor said! 

Quoting BEXi:

Honestly, it doesnt even matter if the OP NEEDS her AC or not. She pays rent for those luxuries. The apartment manager is responsible for making sure those things are accessible to her.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM

oh before I bought my bathroom cieling caved in because the assholes upstairs left their tub run...which meant they could see directly into my bathroom.  They tried saying that my apartment was still liveable so they wouldn't let me move into another unit or pay for a hotel.  Found it in my lease that if your only bathroom isn't functioning they must put you up. Problem solved!

Quoting Anonymous:

will do!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

check your lease-usually there is a time limit for how long they have to respond to a maintence call.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

girl it was 67degrees in florida and cold today

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

during the day it was not cold at all the whole day this house felt so hot we were all sweating maybe its because we were use to being in ac ?! I dont know and to be honest i dont give a rats ass i pay my rent always on time and i expect to be able to use all my utilities including my stove and take a shower with warm water 

Quoting mommy_me:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I would, at that point, LMAO at her because you both know that is her job. If she can't see it that way tell her to sign a note quoting what she said and put your rent in escrow. She won't have a job for long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Btw if you consider today to be cold than SOMETHING is wrong with you! It is not cold at all!

Quoting mommy_me:

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

You get more flies with honey than vinegar, flipping out won't make her help you any sooner. Try calmly speaking to her to help your problems fixed, listen to her reasons if she wont do it right away, it's only AC, people lived for thousands of years without it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

only ac? adn not stove and no oven and not hot water! sorry i live in 2012 :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

You get more flies with honey than vinegar, flipping out won't make her help you any sooner. Try calmly speaking to her to help your problems fixed, listen to her reasons if she wont do it right away, it's only AC, people lived for thousands of years without it.

jamiegraham
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

No , I would have been mad too, it's her job to take care of those things

Breamarkable
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM
WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT EVERYONE?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)