Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think I over reacted....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

we have been with out aircondition or a stove or hotwater since Saturday and ON Sunday I decided to go down stairs to the apartment manager to see if we can get someone to fix it because i couldnt take the heat anymore, her reply Sorry i can't ddo anything for you I DO NOT GET PAID OVERTIME!  I flipped out because all I wanted was either a maintanece number or an emergency number where i can call and get my appliances fixed! DO YOU THINK I OVER REACTED?!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
xocoutureandco
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

BUMP!

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Once again, you will live, any flipping out wont make her help you, if anything it will make her want to help you even less. If it's so hot, you wont want the oven on and hot water in the shower anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

only ac? adn not stove and no oven and not hot water! sorry i live in 2012 :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

You get more flies with honey than vinegar, flipping out won't make her help you any sooner. Try calmly speaking to her to help your problems fixed, listen to her reasons if she wont do it right away, it's only AC, people lived for thousands of years without it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I DO BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

Once again, you will live, any flipping out wont make her help you, if anything it will make her want to help you even less. If it's so hot, you wont want the oven on and hot water in the shower anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

You get more flies with honey than vinegar, flipping out won't make her help you any sooner. Try calmly speaking to her to help your problems fixed, listen to her reasons if she wont do it right away, it's only AC, people lived for thousands of years without it.

jessecutez
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Eh. I'm queen if overreacting but no I don't think so. I only dream about NEEDING an ac
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I have friends who live in Miami, it didn't go above 85 today, gets that hot where I live all the time in the summer and we don't even own an AC. Be kind, be patient, and maybe you can get somewhere with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I DO BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

jeannie39
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

No you did not. It is her job, regardless of the time of the complaint. I would call the owner and report her. You should be able to find a phone # from 411 or go back to the manager again, without telling her you will be filing a complaint about her.

velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Ummm... hell no.  I would shit a brick.

Tara922c
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

It depends on why type of apartment you live in. I have only lived in apartment complexes that are run by a corporate management company but do have employees that live on site. I would never knock on the manager's door or leasing agent's door on his/her day off. My cousin was an apartment manager years ago and would not answer when people knocked on her door to complain on her day off. At my cousin's complex, and the complex I lived it, if you called when the leasing office was closed, the call was transferred to an answering service and emergency maintenance would be sent in cases of true emergencies, like a busted pipe, but not for air conditioning, hot water, or broken stove. Being said, she didn't have to be a bitch, she could have told you to call what ever number. If you live in a small building with an on-site manager that is oncall 24/7, then I would have been highly pissed too.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

67 with grey skys, rainy and wet? Yes it was cold. NOTHING is wrong with me. Rude ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Btw if you consider today to be cold than SOMETHING is wrong with you! It is not cold at all!

Quoting mommy_me:

girl it was 67degrees in florida and cold today

nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM
No, she could help do something and not be so lazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN