Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BE HONEST....IF YOU DON'T GET A SINGLE THING FOR CHRISTMAS...WILL YOU BE UPSET?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Replies (701-706):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 102 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:02 AM

i was last year.  My kids had a great Christmas.  They made me things and I absolutely LOVE them.  However, the boyfriend of a year at that point....gave me nothing.  I got him a keurig, wireless printer, and a few other things.  I got ZERO.  That to me was a slap in the face.  Especially when he asked me after he opened his stuff what I wanted.  He then said that he was going to the store the next day and didn't.  so i never got anything for our first christmas.  This year he has a list for himself, but asked me what I wanted.  I have no interest in giving him one either because it will be a bigger slap in the face when he doesnt do anything for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly would be very upset. Not because I'm greedy, but because my husband makes good money and I spend so much time and energy making sure everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I don't care if my husband gets me a $2 pack of gum! It's the thought and the time put into finding a gift, wrapping it and putting it under the tree that matters to me. To completely ignore me and get me absolutely nothing would be a slap in the face.

mine makes good money too but isn't a shopper. I buy what I want and he pays for it. It works best for us. He knows what I like but not what I have. He surprises me at random times threw out the year.
cherylam
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:44 AM

nope, it would be nothing differant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 100 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly would be very upset. Not because I'm greedy, but because my husband makes good money and I spend so much time and energy making sure everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I don't care if my husband gets me a $2 pack of gum! It's the thought and the time put into finding a gift, wrapping it and putting it under the tree that matters to me. To completely ignore me and get me absolutely nothing would be a slap in the face.

mine makes good money too but isn't a shopper. I buy what I want and he pays for it. It works best for us. He knows what I like but not what I have. He surprises me at random times threw out the year.

I did that for years while my husband worked out of town. That was fine with me. But the past few years he's had a why bother attitued about getting me anything and that's what upsets me.  He's in and out of stores all the time, the very least he can do is pick up something, have one of the kids  wrap it and put it under the tree.

Redwall
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Absolutely!  I LOVE Christmas!  I love the shopping for my family and friends and I love the gifts I receive!

ChristyG2012
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Kinda. But I could do w/o. I'd rather spend my money on Lexie. Which is also why she has more clothes than me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)