Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my dd has some art talent!

Posted by   + Show Post

She can already draw better than me and she is only 5 :) she drew this freehand!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Very good details for a five year old. I would encourage her to continue with her artwork. 

kitchen.ninja
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I cannot draw stick people either and my other 2 kids don't draw we'll at all. They are ages 4 yrs and 8 yrs and I have to ask them to explain their drawings.

Quoting Jess0915:

That's really good for a 5 year old! I can tell it's garfield. I can't even draw stick people properly. Lol. She has amazing eyes btw!

Eyelashes23
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Shes very good. Def get into art class

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Wow!   Great job!   She has talent.

Luna091306
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Wow! And I thought my dd was good! Yeah I'd say that girl has some talent!

katzmeow726
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

She would benefit from some art lessons (and I mean that in a good way).  That is pretty good for her age, and she has a huge potential to really grow in art if you encourage her in it.  Art lessons should DEFINITELY be in her near future!

MrsRi
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Awww
Jess0915
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Both of my teens have been able to draw better than me by the age of 4, lol. They are now 14 and 16. My 14 yo DD is really good! Your DD's drawing reminds me of her drawings she used to make when she was younger. She used to LOVE to draw Garfield! I still have a bunch of her drawings. :)

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

I cannot draw stick people either and my other 2 kids don't draw we'll at all. They are ages 4 yrs and 8 yrs and I have to ask them to explain their drawings.

Quoting Jess0915:

That's really good for a 5 year old! I can tell it's garfield. I can't even draw stick people properly. Lol. She has amazing eyes btw!

kitchen.ninja
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM
I want to. They offer classes for ages 6 and up that I have found locally so i am hoping after her 6 th birthday in March i can get her in. I would ask her uncle but he is in another state.

She would color all day long if I let her lol!

Quoting katzmeow726:

She would benefit from some art lessons (and I mean that in a good way).  That is pretty good for her age, and she has a huge potential to really grow in art if you encourage her in it.  Art lessons should DEFINITELY be in her near future!

katzmeow726
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Sometimes they will bend the rules for younger kids, if they show some natural talent like hers, I'd check it out!

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

I want to. They offer classes for ages 6 and up that I have found locally so i am hoping after her 6 th birthday in March i can get her in. I would ask her uncle but he is in another state.

She would color all day long if I let her lol!

Quoting katzmeow726:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)