Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You just dont say that.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sd's cousin came to play with her and sd dont like her. She said she is annoying but sd is too. Well, sd asked why she isnt getting picked up til 9 and i explained why. Out of nowhere sd said, "your mom is going to die because she doesnt take care of herself. She eats ice cream, chocolate etc" to her cousin. Wow, i went off and told her she had no right to say that in the first place. You just dont flat out and say that to a 9 year old that has a problem. I yelled at her and then sd said sorry. She is still in trouble and everything. Now she said, "i said sorry". Sorry dont take back what she said and i am more upset because her cousin came to my house and she left really upset and crying.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Yeah that was uncalled for. But you did good, maybe she learned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Why does that matter if she does? She dont tho but why does that matter. That still dont give sd a right to say that.

Quoting 702girly:

Well, is the mother enormous and killing herself with junk food?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Thanks. She was wrong and disrespectful. Making her cousin cry, and at the most her cousin wasnt doing anything to her. Sd is a bullying

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Yeah that was uncalled for. But you did good, maybe she learned.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids can be blatantly truthful and they really don't understand tact.   I agree with your holding her accountable for what she said, but yelling at her might not be as effective as you'd like.

I'd have a good conversation with her about considering other's feelings, about responsibility toward family, and how little annoying cousins DO grow up and having extended family that care about one another is a real blessing.  Point out some grown up relationships that you have with other family members and how important they are in your life.   Hopefully, that might help her value her cousin and get out of the, "she's so annoying." mentality.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Hmm....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mlg1989:

Ohhh ok got confused I thought cousin said that to SD. How old is SD then?

Quoting Anonymous:

9, i said her age in the post towards the end or.middle.

Quoting mlg1989:

How old is the cousin?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

The kid is 11, not 30. Kids will just say painfully honest things.

Maybe you could explain to her that sometimes you have to just not say things that are true to avoid hurting people's feelings instead of getting all bent out of shape and bitching that she had no right to say that. She's a kid, be the grown up and teach her.

You sound like you're talking about some bitch on the block. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does that matter if she does? She dont tho but why does that matter. That still dont give sd a right to say that.

Quoting 702girly:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Now thats not the point. Yes someone is teaching her that's an ok behavior but i yelled at sd for what she said.

Quoting slashteddy:

Wow. Someone somewhere is teaching your SD some ridiculous things. Oh god, the woman's eating a Snickers! Someone stop her! She has so much to live for! THE HUMANITY.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Like that would make it okay for a child to tell another child their mommy is going to die? The fuck is wrong with you?

Quoting 702girly:

702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Children are brutally honest sometimes. They need to be taught that it's not ok to just say everything they think with no regard for other's feelings.

Human beings are not born understanding social etiquette and tact.

What the fuck is wrong with you that you're a mother and don't know that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Like that would make it okay for a child to tell another child their mommy is going to die? The fuck is wrong with you?

Quoting 702girly:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Actually this isnt the first time she said something like this. Im not going to.let her talk like that. If i did that at her age wow i would be hurting for a week.

Quoting 702girly:

The kid is 11, not 30. Kids will just say painfully honest things.

Maybe you could explain to her that sometimes you have to just not say things that are true to avoid hurting people's feelings instead of getting all bent out of shape and bitching that she had no right to say that. She's a kid, be the grown up and teach her.

You sound like you're talking about some bitch on the block. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 702girly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)