Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you think its ok to make your older kids babysit your littles ones?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They didn't create those kids! If you can't afford to pay a babysitter w/o relying on your present kids, maybe you shouldn't have more kids until you have that figured out. That makes me so angry seeing a child's childhood snatched because their little lives are wrapped up in their siblings. It isn't right!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Replies (121-130):
brightonsmom12
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM

It was in my case and I resent it. It was 5-6 days a week to. With a one year old, a six year old with adah, and an autistic 11 year old. I was 16, it got so bad that they would slip up and call me mama sometimes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

families are supposed to help each other out and part of being a kid is learning a little responsibility and not always getting what you want in the best interests of ALL members of that family. 

i dont have kids old enough to babysit but what is wrong with asking them to pitch in to make the family succeed? i really don't see helping out sometimes as a bad thing. 

now if you're talking the kid has to go to school then come home and watch sibs, cook dinner, and put the sibs to bed? ok that's extreme but i've never heard of too many real life families where that's the case. 

Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Exactly. My older ds has never been responsible for the los

Quoting Anonymous:

I have grown kids and little kids. I have never had my older kids watch my little kids. I am the parent, it is my job to watch my kids. Nobody elses.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alc4evermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Quoting ohmybaby:

I think someone has a chip on her shoulder.  Try therapy it's better for you than CM.

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't create those kids! If you can't afford to pay a babysitter w/o relying on your present kids, maybe you shouldn't have more kids until you have that figured out. That makes me so angry seeing a child's childhood snatched because their little lives are wrapped up in their siblings. It isn't right!

Actually therapy is another mind control institution that thrives on keeping people sick and convincing you that normal reaction to trauma is abnormal

Fistandantalus
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Um...I have my older ones watch the baby so I can prep the dinner or put away the laundry, it's like 10 minutes at a time, what's your damage?  

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM

because we feed her, clothe her, provide her shelter and so forth.

Wont kill our teenager to watch her SISTER time to time

beeky
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Snatching their childhood?  LMAO  

That's a wee bit over dramatic, don't you think. 

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Why do you think it's wrong to give kids a sense of contributing something to the family? Are they only supposed to receive forever and never give back?
jen2150
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I know exactly what you mean.  My summers were used for making me work in the garden.  When I complained he asked if I liked eating.  Shame on him for teaching me how to be responsible and helping my family.  

mantyangel
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I occationally have my older daughter watch her younger sister.  We trade favors.  She asks if she can have 3 friends sleep over on Saturday and wants me to get them snacks and movies.  I say ok if you will watch your sister on Friday night so I can go to dinner with some friends.  She is hardly losing her childhood over this.  Family helps family.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM
It's called payback for wiping their asses, cleaning up their puke, sleepless nights, dealing with tantrums and teaches them responsibility. Why not?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured