Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I was talking to one of my many crazy cousins. We were talking about splurging. I said once a year I splurge on myself. Something that I dont need but really want. Well apparently that is selfish. In her words "A mom should never spend money on herself outside of the necessities. You should spend that money on your child instead of being so selfish."

Umm, really? All year long my DD is spoiled. I cant let go once a friggin year? 

Anyone else have crazy relatives who think along the same lines?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Replies (51-56):
violetstar20
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Oh wow! You splurge once a year?! What a crime! eye rolling

There's nothing wrong with doing something or getting something for yourself once in a while, as long as you are able to. If your bills are paid, there's food in the kitchen, clothes on your kids' back, and you and your family are not lacking anything, you're fine. Once or twice a year, I do or get something for myself. I don't break the bank or go over my budget but it's what I wanted. Opinions are like noses...everybody has one. People are always gonna put their 2 cents on everything we do. There's nothing wrong with splurging, just do it responsibly and within reason.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM
It is nkt selfish unless you are using moneythat you need for food, diapers, bills. you go and splurge who cares what your cousin has to sayn
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM
I splurge on myself a lot. DD & I work hard for what we have. Our kids want or need for NOTHING! If I want new clothes and nails ill get it.
babyboy117
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I just splurged the other day. 5 pairs of Victoria secret panties, Express jeans, express shirt, express shirt and nail polish. I'm soooo selfish! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Makes me wonder what necessities are to her. People with hardly any money dont get to do things like get a haircut, new clothes or shoes, go to restaurants or have cable or internet because all that isnt considered necessities.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I was upset because I thought we were going to still be catching up on bills. but we got caught up early so I will get to use the money to get me an iPad and DD a cheap tablet (she is 3 so you get the cheap part) of her own.

Quoting violetstar20:

Oh wow! You splurge once a year?! What a crime! eye rolling

There's nothing wrong with doing something or getting something for yourself once in a while, as long as you are able to. If your bills are paid, there's food in the kitchen, clothes on your kids' back, and you and your family are not lacking anything, you're fine. Once or twice a year, I do or get something for myself. I don't break the bank or go over my budget but it's what I wanted. Opinions are like noses...everybody has one. People are always gonna put their 2 cents on everything we do. There's nothing wrong with splurging, just do it responsibly and within reason.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)