Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else have this problem?

Posted by   + Show Post
Since my DS was born I never sleep when he sleeps. Especially at night. I will only sleep if DH is home.

I am a heavy sleeper and I'm afraid I won't wake up if DS starts crying.

I because if my fear, I only get 4 hours of sleep. DH works nights and sleeps most of the day.

Does anyone else feel like they won't hear their LO if they sleep??

Oh and the crib can't fit in our room and I don't trust myself to bed share. DS's room is right next to ours. So it's not like he is down the hall or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Replies (11-13):
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM
We have a monitor. And I make sure it's a the way up. DH is a light sleeper and always hears him. DH did tell me that one time he woke up screaming bloody murder and I didn't move. :(

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

Do you have a monitor? I wake up if my baby coughs in her sleep, and I can sleep through almost anything. I think mothers are programed to wake up when they hear anything from their kids lol. DH on the other hand, won't wake up at all. I could have the monitor up to full volume and let the baby scream (not that I would) and he'd never hear it. I honestly don't think you would have any problem with waking up when the baby cries. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM
The first one was a Fisher Price and it was just a simple monitor. A nightlight on her end and a receiver on my end. I could turn it up so loud I could hear her breathe even if I left the monitor across the room from the bed. And when she cried, I DEFINITELY heard it.

Quoting Ninjabubble:

What monitor do you have? Ours isn't very loud and it's Graco. We got it as a shower gift.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

I was like that for a while after I had DD. The baby monitor helped a lot. I chose a really loud one. And then later on when she was older and mobile I got a video monitor. Which helped even more so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Wow. Sometimes I wish I could do that. I hate waking up just because she decided to roll over in her sleep lol. 

Quoting Ninjabubble:

We have a monitor. And I make sure it's a the way up. DH is a light sleeper and always hears him. DH did tell me that one time he woke up screaming bloody murder and I didn't move. :(

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

Do you have a monitor? I wake up if my baby coughs in her sleep, and I can sleep through almost anything. I think mothers are programed to wake up when they hear anything from their kids lol. DH on the other hand, won't wake up at all. I could have the monitor up to full volume and let the baby scream (not that I would) and he'd never hear it. I honestly don't think you would have any problem with waking up when the baby cries. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN