Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So he wants me to meet his daughter now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I am ready to meet my BF's daughter but I am not sure what exactly to do.

I was going to plan for it to be a day when I have my son but I think I want to wait a little longer before he meets my son, not that there's anything wrong with him meeting him, but I only get 4 days a weeks with my son and I really prefer to see my other family in that time as well, and not take any time away from those days.  So I just want to wait til maybe a vacation when I have him a whole week or something.

Anywho she is going to be 5.  She is a ballerina, she is also a little tomboy, he has been raising her on his own so you could just imagine, she has her grandma and aunt as mother figures to her and thats about it.  He has made it clear to me that he will not bring me in her life if I am going to walk out because thats the last thing she needs, and I completely agree so i am taking this seriously.  I basically, if we follow through on plans, will be like a mother to her eventually because if we all hit it off, he is moving in to my place and bringing her along. :)

So what do I do?

Do I just let her hang out at home with us and watch a movie?

Should I take her to do something fun?

Go to the zoo perhaps? or to the exploratorium, it's like a kids museum full of interractive activities in san francisco, etc etc

Should I get him to drop us off at the mall and take her to get her nails done and maybe get her some stuff from sanrio

I am so lost on what to do

I have never been in this situation before and I don't have a daughter so I am most clueless./ 

HELP

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommavieve
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I have no clue. Bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
WhY do you not have custody of your dd ?
mama_2_jasper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I don't know, I have boys. Chuck e cheese maybe? That's my go-to place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I would keep it casual and outdoorsy for the first time hanging out. Lots to explore, not too loud or busy to talk, not huge crowds of people to protect her from.

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Meet her atty a neutral place, playground, restaurant, ect. That way, ours not threatening and it doesn't feel forced. Bonding things will come with time and later on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

alwayskk
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Her son?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

because he has a great father that would step over my dead body before I took full custody

Quoting Anonymous:

Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Hm... I have no idea, why don't you ask her what she wants to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM
5 moms liked this
Maybe all four go out to a nice park and have a picnic and let her play with your son. You really cant take a few hours out of four days to take your son to the park? If you are already thinking of being her mom i think your kids can play together. You are a package deal and she needs to understand that too. Not get to know you and get all of your attention and then bam you have your own kid to tend to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)