Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

lice!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Ugh.my cousins daughter has had lice for two years. And she's 2.5!!!! And now my kid has it!!!!!!!! I'm so mad!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

helpppp.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I can't get head lice so I don't know. Here's a bump.
Lilys_mama1222
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Its not as bad as you think...its really easy to take care of buy a kit from Walmart and wash and Conn through her hair boil all of her hair stuff and wash every thingbin hot water what can't be washed use a lice killing spray and bag it if you can toncut off oxygen to the lice. Ppl think having lice means your dirtybits actually not lice hate dirty hair its harder to move in
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lilys_mama1222
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Message me if you need to. I use to work at a camp and felt with lice often
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Quoting Lilys_mama1222:

Its not as bad as you think...its really easy to take care of buy a kit from Walmart and wash and Conn through her hair boil all of her hair stuff and wash every thingbin hot water what can't be washed use a lice killing spray and bag it if you can toncut off oxygen to the lice. Ppl think having lice means your dirtybits actually not lice hate dirty hair its harder to move in

I know its not bad. Its not bad when you treat it ASAP, its BAD when you let your 2 year old have lice for two years.It was totally preventable but because they cant do their job as parents, my kids have lice. My daughter is in bed so I havent checked her yet, but DS does have it! If DD has it we are kinda screwed because she has psoriasis and all the lice stuff is medicated and will burn her scalp...

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to buy the whole three step system. Nix and Rid both make them. It includes the shampoo and a gel to help the eggs slide off the hair. It also has a bed and couch spray to kill them. Then you need to get the 3 step system for shielding your kids from getting it again. It is called Lice Shield. It has a shampoo to use nightly and a leave in spray conditioner and a sports stick that you rub around the hair line. Then treat them again in a week (7 days)

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM
My kids got it and it was horrible... I had to bag up ALL of their stuffed animals, wash all the bedding, vacuum the whole house, spray the couches and matteres, ugh, don't wish that on no one
SweetandSassy12
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Thats disgusting not the lice but the aweful treatment of that poor child that gave your child lice...it would certainly p.o me off enough to contact the health department or something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM
How the fuck could you have lice for 2 years! If they won't do treatments to get rid of lice and are that dirty then they need to be reported! Are you sure they has it for that long?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Yes.I told my grandma I was calling and she said bout to because my cousins mom is coming for Christmas and she already tothem if is not gone by the time she gets here she's taking her.so I'll give it that much time.

Quoting Lindsey1126:

How the fuck could you have lice for 2 years! If they won't do treatments to get rid of lice and are that dirty then they need to be reported! Are you sure they has it for that long?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)