Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We had the Xmas talk...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
And we are getting one small gift each for his mom, my mom, my grandma and BFF and her ds. Our ds will get a few things mostly clothes. A couple of toys. No more than $300 to be spent total. And that includes the shipping to his mom and mine. We aren't doing gifts for each other :-( we actually hope to spend no more than $200. But $300 is the max.

I hate not having the money to splurge for Xmas. :-/ I refuse to touch our savings. We just got it built back up to a fair amount if something goes awry.

*sigh*
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM

you are being wise.  Heck our family has a $50 max for each other.  Luckily I get a bonus at the end of the year that I just use for presents.  Check out Ebay, Amazon, during this time at Kmart, I was able to get really nice shoes for my kids for $5 even with lights!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Man, I wish I had a Kmart! The website won't even pull one within 100 miles of me!

I'm doing target this year for the most part. Getting ds stuff to decorate his room. A new playmat/rug and new lamp. He is only 2.5 so its not a big deal.... Kinda LOL. Otherwise it's shoes and clothes. Oh, and a race track for his hot wheels. Lol.

Quoting MixedCooke:

you are being wise.  Heck our family has a $50 max for each other.  Luckily I get a bonus at the end of the year that I just use for presents.  Check out Ebay, Amazon, during this time at Kmart, I was able to get really nice shoes for my kids for $5 even with lights!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM
It'll work out. The stress before is always worse than how things end up, you'll have have a nice Chrustmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Thanks. I hope anyway... Lol. If not, I am make up for it with his birthday 6 months later LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

It'll work out. The stress before is always worse than how things end up, you'll have have a nice Chrustmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Eew clothes and shoes for Xmas
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM
It's what he needs. /-: most of my family will buy him some kind of educational toy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Eek we already spent 1700
And were are not even done yet
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Right. Ive only spent 150.

Not even close ti being done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eek we already spent 1700

And were are not even done yet

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
So buy them...not as gifts.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's what he needs. /-: most of my family will buy him some kind of educational toy.

Quoting Anonymous:

LivysMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol if my dd didn't get clothes and shoes for Christmas she'd be upset. I didn't mind as a kid either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)