Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

lmao my dh just came home pissed off!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM
  • 207 Replies
I was reading a post awhile back where a momma had a $200 cell phone bill and found out there was something called "seasonal standby." So I called sprint and put my cell on standby as a just in case measure. Because with me paying insurance and groceries through my work check, and census going down. Some weeks I only get two 12 hour shifts.

So one less bill to worry about. Sprint told me the standby was for 6 months but we have to pay $20 every month for the 6 months. But I wasnt planning on the phones being off that long just until january. Next month I turn 25(dec 6), christmas is that same month. Why not take off a high bill($190; 3 lines) for a month? Which leaves us with $104 cable, internet, landline, $170 electric, trash, and parking, plus $20 for cell phones.

He comes in pee'd because he said all I'm thinking about is my birthday. He is right, I havent celebrated my birthday since I was 16. I would like to celebrate it at 25! Anyway, he's saying we need our cells because we are currently driving a car with almost 200,000 miles on it and if something happens we cant call home.

EXCUSE ME IF I WANTED TO SPEND THAT $190 ON MYSELF FOR MY BDAY! JUST FOR A MONTH AND THEN THE PHONES BE BACK ON IN JANUARY! OUR BILLS EVERY MONTH IS ABOUT $1300 rent included, and now we started going grocery shopping every week so we only spend $50 a week getting a side here and there. So next month we wouldve had $1300 bills, plus buying kids christmas gifts($300 left on layaway), kids christmas clothes ($250 limit), and then HOPING to do something for my birthday. I took a bill off for just in case! Census is low lately so they have only been using one tech each night and there is 5 of us so we mainly only get one or two days a piece. Plus family insurance is almost $300 a week!

I feel I did the right thing by just eliminating one bill for a month. What do you ladies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM
8 moms liked this
Cell phones are more important then cable tv...and do you really need a landline phone if you have a cell?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM
We have a landline for the internet. And cells are not a need, its a want. When both of us are given work phones to use at work. And he doesnt want the cable off.

Quoting deadlights86:

Cell phones are more important then cable tv...and do you really need a landline phone if you have a cell?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM
16 moms liked this
You put a bill on standby to waste money. Yeah, that's stupid to me.
luvmykids08_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Nope. I put it on standby because of the $500 we are going to spend on our kids. Either way I'm still freaking hoping and praying I can do something for my bday.

Quoting Litlmama87:

You put a bill on standby to waste money. Yeah, that's stupid to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Exactly. We dont have cable. We have netflix and internet for streaming. We are rarely home to watch the shows at the time we want to anyways.

I would rather have my cell than the landline bc I wont always be home. I need to be able to be reached in case of an emergency.

Quoting deadlights86:

nellyb118
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM
11 moms liked this
Probably should have discussed it with him beforehand. I think a cell phone is more important than cable, so I'd cut back elsewhere to keep my cell.
If dh decided something like this without talking to me I would be pissed too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM
You Are in the wrong.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm on your husband's side.

I have never, as an adult living on my own, had a landline because I have a cellphone. Plus I'm not home a lot. I got rid of cable because I can watch stuff online. I have a ROKU so that my son can watch cartoons from Netflix on the television.

I do what makes sense. What you did doesn't make sense at all.

luvmykids08_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM
He doesn't want the cable or any of the other bills off. But I'm tired of not knowing if we are going to be able yo afford all our bills every two weeks due to census.

Quoting nellyb118:

Probably should have discussed it with him beforehand. I think a cell phone is more important than cable, so I'd cut back elsewhere to keep my cell.

If dh decided something like this without talking to me I would be pissed too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM
He doesn't want any of our bills off.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I'm on your husband's side.

I have never, as an adult living on my own, had a landline because I have a cellphone. Plus I'm not home a lot. I got rid of cable because I can watch stuff online. I have a ROKU so that my son can watch cartoons from Netflix on the television.

I do what makes sense. What you did doesn't make sense at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)