Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My eyes are almost swollen shut from crying so much

Posted by   + Show Post
I just lost my best friend tonight. We had been best friends for 22 years. She had been diagnosed with leukemia almost 2 years ago and did well after getting a bone marrow transplant. Then she developed GVHD in her lungs. After having to move she somehow got a fungal infection in her lungs. Things went down hill fast after that.
So many of my best memories include her. Almost all of our best adventures were just the two of us. It hurts so much to not be able to reminisce with anyone ever again. She was only 36 and she has a beautiful 6 year old little girl and an adorable 3 year old little boy. She was taken into the hospital on her daughters birthday. I can't imagine what her husband is going through right now.
It's hard being so far away now but I will forever be thankful to my husband for letting me see her one last time. Last month when I was told that her doctor said it was time for her to get her affairs in order he arranged for us to hop in the car after work and drive straight through the night from Colorado to California.
I will forever miss her! RIP my friend!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Replies (51-54):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I'm so sorry. I have lost 3 people this week alone. A high-school friend, my husbands best friend and my best friends grandfather. It's been a shitty week and I know how you feel.

hugs

DaLordsMezNger
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeannie39
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I'm so sorry for your lose. Your dh is a sweetheart for helping you see her one last time. Maybe you can share all the wonderful memories of yourself and your dear friend with her children when they get older. You could also write out your feeling and memories in a journal for them to have as they grow older. Keeping her memory alive for her kids would be a great tribute to her and the love you had for her. Being friends for 22 years, you probably knew her better than most other people. Helping her kids in the years to come with advise or tips, their mother may have wanted them to know, would also be nice.

If it helps, at least she is at peace and pain free. I wish you the best and good luck, time really does make your lose bearable.

CheyanneW
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I also lost my grandmother a month ago.  It has been a difficult month.  My FB has so many posts from friends about their friends and family dying the last couple of months.

Quoting bmw29:

I'm so sorry. I have lost 3 people this week alone. A high-school friend, my husbands best friend and my best friends grandfather. It's been a shitty week and I know how you feel.

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)