Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone else

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:24 AM
  • 15 Replies
I see all these christmas posts about holiday shopping.

anyone else not doing any this year?

we had an unexpected trip come up where we have to take ds to a pediatric urologist. so our christmas money is going to that trip.

i did get two home depot tool belts and im going to decorate them for the kids to use. they were $.77 each and im.using our craft stuff to cut out letters for their names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:26 AM

i always try to get something for my kids. even if its a few 5$ toys wrapped in newspaper under a plant, i still do something. 

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Yep. I dont do christmas really.

No reason to.

I hope your kiddo is okay! Its ok its about the meaning of christmas, not the presents. (as much as others will disagree)

sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM
We have a tree and thats why i literally took change to buy the little tool belts. Ds can use itfor his little cars and whatnot and dd for her hair stuff when she plays beauty salon. i cant spend what we have saved because i dont know exactly what this trip is going to cost.

Quoting RoseBlossom:

i always try to get something for my kids. even if its a few 5$ toys wrapped in newspaper under a plant, i still do something. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:30 AM
We do yule if i had no kids we would not be doing anything only putting the tree put because she loves it. we are not doing anything thabksgiving. SO lost his job so all of the savings needs to stay since i am yhe only one full supprting us other then his army reserve time. that's why i am not in the.mood for it we don't do a lot of gifts but stress is overwhelming me right now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Omg is the stress eating me alive. this trip is really scary. we are just hoping for answers.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

We do yule if i had no kids we would not be doing anything only putting the tree put because she loves it. we are not doing anything thabksgiving. SO lost his job so all of the savings needs to stay since i am yhe only one full supprting us other then his army reserve time. that's why i am not in the.mood for it we don't do a lot of gifts but stress is overwhelming me right now

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:33 AM

its the thought that counts. last year we were extremely poor because both df and lost our jobs. we got in touch with our church and they gave us gift cards for target, maybe you can ask for help?

Quoting sadeyez11:

We have a tree and thats why i literally took change to buy the little tool belts. Ds can use itfor his little cars and whatnot and dd for her hair stuff when she plays beauty salon. i cant spend what we have saved because i dont know exactly what this trip is going to cost.

Quoting RoseBlossom:

sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM
We are not members of any churches here.

Quoting RoseBlossom:

its the thought that counts. last year we were extremely poor because both df and lost our jobs. we got in touch with our church and they gave us gift cards for target, maybe you can ask for help?

Quoting sadeyez11:

Quoting RoseBlossom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:35 AM
I hope you do

Quoting sadeyez11:

Omg is the stress eating me alive. this trip is really scary. we are just hoping for answers.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The.Hug.Life
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:35 AM

We aren't doing extravagant, but we are getting some clothes for the kids, maybe a book or two, and one toy apiece. They have too many toys already. -__-

RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:37 AM

what about toys for tots or angel trees, or family members?

Quoting sadeyez11:

We are not members of any churches here.

Quoting RoseBlossom:

Quoting sadeyez11:

Quoting RoseBlossom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)