Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could You Survive On Foodstamps for One Week?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 338 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57551959-10391739/cory-booker-plans-to-live-off-food-stamps-for-one-week/

Cory Booker slams food stamp recipeints on twitter and then puts his money where his mouth is.Cory is put up to the challenge to live off foodstamps for a week?Could you honestly live on food stamps like all these fake posts on CM that boast??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:13 AM
4 moms liked this
I managed on 48$ a month for food. I don't eat crap either.

I can could and have.

Thankfully i no longer have to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:13 AM
8 moms liked this

we manage ALL YEAR on them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:17 AM
yes
Candymonster
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:18 AM
3 moms liked this

according to the website, it's $150 a person. We have 3 people in our family, so that grants us $450. We already spend $100 per week on food. So it'd be an extra $12 for us to spend each week. In short...yes, yes we could...

OurFunnyFarm
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow $150 a person? I would get $600!!
I only spend $160 a month on food!!!

Everything is made from scratch!! Only way to do it!!!

It would be like a vacation!! I could be convenience foods!!

Quoting Candymonster:

according to the website, it's $150 a person. We have 3 people in our family, so that grants us $450. We already spend $100 per week on food. So it'd be an extra $12 for us to spend each week. In short...yes, yes we could...

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
$35 per person, we have 4 people in the house so that makes $140 weekly. Yes we definitely can. We only spend about $150 weekly now and that includes fresh fruit, produce, and meats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:28 AM
3 moms liked this
if we got that kind of money we wouldnt be eating all the processed crap we normally buy.
Lots more fresh fruits and vegis and lots of things from scratch.
navewife
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Im getting ready to find out unfortunately :(
doomshroom
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

it depends on your income/expenses. we get $103/month, 2 adults and a child. things are pretty tight. we still have to spend more cash on food than food stamps.

Quoting Candymonster:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:31 AM
16 moms liked this

I can and do, only I do it a month at a time.  I grocery shop using coupons and in store sales and always end up with about $50 carry over. 

I do not boast that I'm on food stamps, nor do I take any great satisfaction in knowing we qualify.  It is simply a fact of life right now.  Daycare cost out weights my earning capacity.  We moved to a less expensive house.  We don't go on vacations.  I haven't shopped for new clothes for myself since I stopped working 10 months ago.  My hair doesn't get cut often, but when it does its a the local beauty school.  Christmas was shopped for using "extra" $20 bills that I'd save when my husband would give me cash.  Our bills are paid, our house is clean, our child is healthy-has insurance that is not state granted, and is loved.

Food stamps are not the enemy-those who live off the system because the bilk it are.

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57551959-10391739/cory-booker-plans-to-live-off-food-stamps-for-one-week/

Cory Booker slams food stamp recipeints on twitter and then puts his money where his mouth is.Cory is put up to the challenge to live off foodstamps for a week?Could you honestly live on food stamps like all these fake posts on CM that boast??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured