Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My MIL told me overly critical and abusive

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Toward my husband. I've been asking him for months to get his drivers license legal and on his last day off yesterday he didn't do it he took my son who is 4 to get shots and then told me he couldn't go to the courthouse because our son was traumatized. My mil was supposed to go with him. I get that my son wasn't feeling well but this was his last day to take care of it and he's had two other days to do it and keeps putting it off. I was so mad when I got home I told himi was beyond pissed. He's tired of me bitching at him so he tells me to go to hell I'm a bitch amass hole crazy immature and a horrible person. My mil came over to diffuse the situation and told me I'm overly critical of him and abusive. I get that I overreacted a bit but I've been nice about this for the last three months and he has a book of excuses for why it can't be taken care of. I don't think me telling him I'm pissed he doesn't take care of stuff warrants him verbally assaulting me and intimidating me. She told him he might have PTSD because I woke him up when he was sleeping when I opened the door and he's not all there when he wakes up and is prime to rage. I don't think I'm abusive I think I'm holding him accountable
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Put your MIL out of your relationship and stop trying to, "make", him do anything.  His inadequacies are not your problem!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I know but if he gets a ticket it directly impacts the family finances.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Put your MIL out of your relationship and stop trying to, "make", him do anything.  His inadequacies are not your problem!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Well he is verbally abusive. So what did MIL say about him calling you names?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM
That its wrong but then she pretty much excuses his behavior with saying its psychological and he just needs help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well he is verbally abusive. So what did MIL say about him calling you names?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Not to mention the possible jail time!! Dh has licence issues in the past and I made sure he got his fixed. There was both way he was driving illegal with kids!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM
4 moms liked this

Tell her to fuck off.  And don't take him anywhere.  Make him figure shit out himself.  He isn't driving, is he?  If he is, confiscate his set of keys.  He wants to act like a kid about it, treat him like one.  Don't let him do shit until he gets it straightened out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Why would he have PTSD because you woke him up? I don't understand.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM

There's nothing you can do to change that, if he gets a ticket, turn off the cable or his cell phone!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

AMDS0304
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I agree he should get his license because after so many tickets it will be hard for him to get them.. Not only that no license they impound your car. When that happens you have to pay to get it out plus go to court for a ticket.. that's how it is in my state. But he is a grown man and you can't tell him what to do that's why he's putting it off to prove a point to you.. How old are you guys?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
In this case they are. If he gets pulled over without a license, his problems become family problems.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)