Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

woman flips off dead veterans. UPDATE SHE LOST HER JOB

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should she be fired? This photo was taken while she was on a trip with the vets she works for by her friend.

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

She was on the job while doing this. 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=372275176195419&set=a.195973473825591.43833.194891727267099&type=1&theater

Facebook is in an uproar.

We wish to announce that the two employees recently involved in the Arlington Cemetery incident are no longer employees of LIFE. Again, we deeply regret any disrespect to members of the military and their families. The incident and publicity has been very upsetting to the learning disabled population we serve. To protect our residents, any comments, however well-intentioned, will be deleted. We appreciate your concern and understanding as we focus on the care of our community.
http://www.facebook.com/LIFECapeCod

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
maengle
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Someone needs to beat her ass!
I have a lot if vet's in my family and some who still serve. This is just nasty
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Very disrespetful!
maengle
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM
She is clearly being rude. Read the sign. And look at her face.

Quoting Anonymous:

She was probably having a bad day or even possibly flipping off something infront of her since the sign is to her side..

Just someone trying to cause drama by taking this picture....

Stupid!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Douche bag being douchie

Meet Lindsey Stone, a self-proclaimed douchebag. See that picture? She thinks it’s hilarious because she’s being her douche bag self. Of course, she’s at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers, and she thinks that doing what she’s doing is like smoking under a “No Smoking” sign.

This is just us, being the douchebags that we are, challenging authority in general

Whose authority, Lindsey? The folks enforcing the “Silence & Respect” are soldiers. The Tomb is property of the Army, more accurately, the soldiers who are interred there. Of course, the sign is just supposed to remind you of your own proper conduct, the proper conduct you were not taught by your parents, apparently. There is no authority to challenge, really, well, except your upbringing, which by the looks of things is lacking.

Of course, the reason that you think this is funny is because popular culture tells you that the more outrageous you are, the more popular you’ll be. I believe your generation calls it “pushing the envelope” or something. Congratulations, Lindsey, you found the outer edge of the envelope, outside the limits of what we as a civilized society will accept.

Of course, Lindsey’s friends told her that she was wrong, but she left the picture up on her Facebook thingie – right through Veterans’ Day, so she wasn’t chastised quite enough to make her feel any measure of shame for her behavior.

Thanks to JP for the link.

Edit by NSOM:

Pending a follow up from Jonn, do not post home contact information for anyone you think may be Stone. It may not actually be her, innocent third parties may live there and just because YOU’RE mentally stable doesn’t mean the next person to read her home address is too. Her workplace and work number are fine, home addresses are not.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=32934

Anariama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM

nm

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM

nice try. SHe admited to doing it, her JOB admits she did it and I don't know what you see. I see the sign to the right of the pic and her shandow behind it and the shadow of what looks like a railing. 

Quoting :

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree. She is attempting to be humorous and failed terribly.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

She was probably having a bad day or even possibly flipping off something infront of her since the sign is to her side..

Just someone trying to cause drama by taking this picture....

Stupid!

I think she was being silly in direct contrast of the sign.  I don't think she was honestly flipping off dead veterans. 

LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Yep i see it. What a twat. She cant that stupid to think it was ok, joke or not.
The smoking next to a no smoking sign isnt new...ive done it...lol

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not. Look just below your post. It has a facebook clip of her admiting to doing it. Her work (also linked on the first page) had to make a formal anouncment. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Someone said its photoshopped. Meh, could be. But still disgusting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maengle
Yes and her shadow is shaped JUST LIKE HER POSE!

Quoting :

Rudmini

angryWhy in the world would she do this?

If she works with elderly vets she needs to be fired immediately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured