Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

woman flips off dead veterans. UPDATE SHE LOST HER JOB

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should she be fired? This photo was taken while she was on a trip with the vets she works for by her friend.

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

She was on the job while doing this. 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=372275176195419&set=a.195973473825591.43833.194891727267099&type=1&theater

Facebook is in an uproar.

We wish to announce that the two employees recently involved in the Arlington Cemetery incident are no longer employees of LIFE. Again, we deeply regret any disrespect to members of the military and their families. The incident and publicity has been very upsetting to the learning disabled population we serve. To protect our residents, any comments, however well-intentioned, will be deleted. We appreciate your concern and understanding as we focus on the care of our community.
http://www.facebook.com/LIFECapeCod

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

The fact she admits it and is so rude even in her reply to the controversy is very telling. She really doesn't care who she offends or seemingly about others.  She says she meant no disrespect but her tone does not communicate that.  It is like she is proud of being a "douche bag". Sad, attention seeking behavior at its finest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Nope. the girl AND her work admit to her doing it.

Quoting nanaluvspumkin:

Zoom in on the finger it was photoshopped or whatever you call that.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Those signs are all over Arlington Nat'l Cemetery. I get what she was going for but disrespecting the heroes that died and their families is never ok. Could you imagine just burying your loved one, while walking to the car being held up by your DH's best friend, kids in tow, and seeing this woman "just joking around"?! She is sick!!
It's obviously not photoshopped, check out the shadows.
AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Just saw this on fb. She claims she just did that to "challenge authority" (compared to smoking in front of a no smoking sign) But, I don't care, don't buy it. It is completely disrespectful to those fallen soldiers. I doubt she would think it's so funny if someone did that near a loved one's grave and tombstone.

And she works with elderly veterans? What the hell. If the company is getting negative attention because of this, they will probably fire her. Hope they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TB78
by Tasha on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM
at first i was gonna say that she was probably having an argument with someone else or flipping off the headstone of a family member or someone she knew before he/she had died.
now reading all of the responses and her response to it; she is one of those 15 minutes of fame idiots who abide by the new code of reality tv: the more hostile or crazy you are the better the ratings and fame. smh she needs to have a better role model.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM

posed or not, she's going to get fired

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Agree

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

Just saw this on fb. She claims she just did that to "challenge authority" (compared to smoking in front of a no smoking sign) But, I don't care, don't buy it. It is completely disrespectful to those fallen soldiers. I doubt she would think it's so funny if someone did that near a loved one's grave and tombstone.

And she works with elderly veterans? What the hell. If the company is getting negative attention because of this, they will probably fire her. Hope they do.

CutieCrab
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Maybe she was having a bad...
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Facebook is a very large website. I doubt all of Facebook is in such a rage over a picture that might be taken out of context. Maybe a few parts of Facebook, but not the entire site. There's probably some sort of story behind this that people are missing.

CutieCrab
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I would sue the person who took my picture w/o my knowledge. Lol. Esp with all the uproar this is causing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)