Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You don't have to agree with my parenting style

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
But contradicting me in front of my kid is not the way to go.

My kid is 9. She is a great kid. She does awesome in school. She is polite and helpful. She helps around the house. Now she can be a smart ass sometimes but generally it only takes a look to make her realize she crossed the line.

So what did I get criticized for??

Letting her pick out bright purple converse sneakers. Apparently I am too lenient because of this. Are you kidding me? I guess purple sneakers will lead to teen pregnancy and other bad decisions.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Candymonster
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM

There's more to this story that you're leaving out ._. like for instance, who said such a ridiculously dumb ass thing...

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Who's complaining about her purple shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Hell, my kid has bright purple hair, lol

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM

LOL

dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:16 AM

That's crazy....there are far worse things you could let her pick out than bright purple shoes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:17 AM
My sister with no kids. Apparently letting my child decide how to dress is a bad thing. Oh and I supposedly spend too much on clothes for her. Apparently instead of buying her purple sneakers and a pair of Leopard print Sperrys I should have just bought one conservative pair of sneakers.

Quoting Candymonster:

There's more to this story that you're leaving out ._. like for instance, who said such a ridiculously dumb ass thing...

hddcooper
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Wow then she would hate my DDs shoes. I think they look crazy too but I'm a firm believer in allowing them to be their own individuals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I deal with this with my family.
I believe in keeping my child a child as long as possible. They think I am wrong for not letting my 4 year old refer to herself or others as sexy. Or to listen to most music out now. Or to watch shows geared for teens.

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Hahah mine has had it many colors.

Shoes seem a bit calm.

Quoting circle_of_life:

Hell, my kid has bright purple hair, lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Had to look up what a sperry was o.o but oh well, tough shit for her, lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister with no kids. Apparently letting my child decide how to dress is a bad thing. Oh and I supposedly spend too much on clothes for her. Apparently instead of buying her purple sneakers and a pair of Leopard print Sperrys I should have just bought one conservative pair of sneakers.

Quoting Candymonster:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)