Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son keeps waking up with headaches. update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Every morning for the past few days. Its at the top of his head. In time it does go away. Idk if he's not sleeping well or not. At first, I just blew it off as a headache but now I'm starting to Ger concerned.

I'm calling the doctor at 8. Just for some reassurance.

He's 7. Has this happened to anyone else?

Update:
Doctor appt earlier. He will have a MRI and had some blood work done. His eye is doing something weird when he looks up. Doctor noticed it during the follow the light test. It doesn't want to move up. So that with the headaches. MRI. Probably tomorrow she said.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyCorrupt
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Is he drinking enough water?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Does he have allergies. I know this time of year my allergies get bad and I seem to have sinus infections that last the whole season it feels like and I always have allergies. Or maybe sleep apnea. I would take him to the doctor
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Yes. The only thing he drinks is water and milk.

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

Is he drinking enough water?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I always have headaches not allergies. When I wake up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does he have allergies. I know this time of year my allergies get bad and I seem to have sinus infections that last the whole season it feels like and I always have allergies. Or maybe sleep apnea. I would take him to the doctor
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Idk and idk.

They don't open until 8. I'm calling.its right at the top of his head.

Quoting Anonymous:

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM

When I wake up in the mornings with headaches, it is ALWAYS due to dehydration.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Maybe try a new pillow. If his head and neck are not getting good support that can cause headaches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM
It could be pressure from stuffiness. Does he feel like his nose is stuffy and itchy eyes. I even feel my ears itchy deep down where I can't scratch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk and idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM
I don't see how he could be dehydrated. He has a water bottle and it gets refilled at least twice during the day.its a taller bottle.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

When I wake up in the mornings with headaches, it is ALWAYS due to dehydration.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM
No. He says it's just his head. I gave him some chewable tyelnol and he went to lay back down while it kicks in.

He said it feels like the top of his head is being squooshed.

Quoting Anonymous:

It could be pressure from stuffiness. Does he feel like his nose is stuffy and itchy eyes. I even feel my ears itchy deep down where I can't scratch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk and idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)