Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son keeps waking up with headaches. update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Every morning for the past few days. Its at the top of his head. In time it does go away. Idk if he's not sleeping well or not. At first, I just blew it off as a headache but now I'm starting to Ger concerned.

I'm calling the doctor at 8. Just for some reassurance.

He's 7. Has this happened to anyone else?

Update:
Doctor appt earlier. He will have a MRI and had some blood work done. His eye is doing something weird when he looks up. Doctor noticed it during the follow the light test. It doesn't want to move up. So that with the headaches. MRI. Probably tomorrow she said.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM

could be tension headaches, he could be dehydrated (2 bottles of water a day is no where near enough)., could be sinuses.

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM
check on his sleeping position during the night. It is possible that he is pressing his head up against the headboard or wall at some point during the night.
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I'd get an MRI personally...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ysmeine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Sounds environmental. Possible carbon monoxide or previous meth house, they both cause headaches. Funny how I jumped to the extreme first. It could be allergies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM
We have been the only owners to this house and I can assure you he has not been exposed to meth. LOL

Quoting ysmeine:

Sounds environmental. Possible carbon monoxide or previous meth house, they both cause headaches. Funny how I jumped to the extreme first. It could be allergies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Hmm, maybe it could be sleep apnea. Does he snore? Either way I would take him to the doctor maybe see if they can do a cat scan or MRI just to be safe. But, I am a hypochondriac (sp) and I over react about anything. My kids and i are in the doctors office all the time because of my problem.
It could just be he isn't sleeping well.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. He says it's just his head. I gave him some chewable tyelnol and he went to lay back down while it kicks in.

He said it feels like the top of his head is being squooshed.

Quoting Anonymous:

It could be pressure from stuffiness. Does he feel like his nose is stuffy and itchy eyes. I even feel my ears itchy deep down where I can't scratch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk and idk.

They don't open until 8. I'm calling.its right at the top of his head.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does he have allergies. I know this time of year my allergies get bad and I seem to have sinus infections that last the whole season it feels like and I always have allergies. Or maybe sleep apnea. I would take him to the doctor

vivi_la_juicy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I've been waking up with headaches and have had them all day on and off for the past several days..I think mine is stressed related and not getting enough sleep. =/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Have you turned on your furnace?  Is he being more active than usual?  There are lots of things that can cause us to need more water.  I would up his water intake and see if it helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see how he could be dehydrated. He has a water bottle and it gets refilled at least twice during the day.its a taller bottle.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

When I wake up in the mornings with headaches, it is ALWAYS due to dehydration.

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM
My seven year old has bad seasonal allergies that causes headaches so bad he will throw up! :( whenever the seasons change he gets them! talk to your doctor about allergy meds,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM
It could be a sinus infection. Either way you should take him to the doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)