Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why are men expected to change if the woman doesn't like something?

but the woman shouldn't have to? I see it all the time on here, woman gets upset about something then the man bashing begins, even over stupid little stuff. Ridiculous.  smh.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
nanasue31204
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
There are certain things both my husband and I require in our relationship, things that if the other were to do, it would be a deal breaker. We both give and take on a lot, some we agree with and other stuff that doesn't seem as important to one of us but very important to the other. This is a website for women so of coarse we're only going to hear the woman's point of view, men complain too just typically to their real life buddies. Compromise and treating your spouse with love, honour and respect in every aspect of life is the key.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM
It's the opposite in my relationship. I am always the one to compromise or change behaviors. I think I'm with a man child that simply doesn't understand that he is not always correct.
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Quoting Dzyre1115:

I don't expect my husband to change, but my requirements as far a mate were concerned were set in stone when I met him, so he either conformed or he could go on his merry way.  He chose to conform!

This
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM

there's nothing I would change about dh, thats why I married him

TugBoatMama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Now now...surely you notice all the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" directed at women here too. I see way more about us having to do all the fixing and changing than the other way around. There have been entire lists of things we berate and shame each other for here, all while the husband manages to remain blameless in everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I see it more often when the woman gets shit for not doing what she "should" for the man. A man should only have to work then come home and plop his ass on the couch acording to MANY moms on here. 

alwayskk
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Like?

CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I find that I bend over backwards to those I love and as long as they are willing to do the same then I'm good. It all comes down to compromise. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Or how the women go through all the husband's stuff, treat them like shit, and then cry victim when he finds someone who treats him with respect. Happy men don't cheat!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM

You couldn't have made a more broad generalization if you had tried.  It goes both ways.  I see more women on here telling other women they need to be grateful they have a man no matter how much of an asshole he really is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN