Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why are men expected to change if the woman doesn't like something?

but the woman shouldn't have to? I see it all the time on here, woman gets upset about something then the man bashing begins, even over stupid little stuff. Ridiculous.  smh.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
ColorMeCrazy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Yup.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I don't expect my husband to change, but my requirements as far a mate were concerned were set in stone when I met him, so he either conformed or he could go on his merry way.  He chose to conform!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Examples?  Because I'm really not sure what you're trying to ask here...

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM

i couldn't expect my husband to change. i'm the one who married him. i wouldn't change for him, why should he change for me?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM

it goes both ways. If your a fucking idiot either change or divorce and move on.

minecraftzombie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Because for so many years, women were expected to change. It's their turn... lol

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I honestly think it's because a lot of women are selfish.  We've gone from the "you can have it all" of the 70's (IF you work for it), to the "I can have anything I want" of today.

I do see what you mean - I see posts where women expect the men to do all kinds of stuff after working, while they sit on their ass and claim they are "raising the children".  Sorry, but the kids don't take ALL day, every day.  Teach the kids some damn independence!  Or the women who gain tons of weight with their pregnancy, and  then 2 years later are still blaming " the pregnancy" for their 50 lbs or more overweight.

lilbit53009
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM

we're all woman on this site so of course we all think we should be the right ones lol

i dont think this is really true in real life...it's just that this is a site full of woman...who on top of that are moms...so its inevitable on here

Acid
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM

The hatred for men on here, including the hatred promoted by Cafemom head honchos themselves, if pathetic.

If women would stop lowering themselves to marry mama's boys, video game addicts, lazy slobs and abusive losers, there would be NOTHING to complain about.

But, until women realize their self worth is better than what they lowered themselves to accpeting, it will continue.

Not all men are assholes.  Not all men are jerks, lazy, slovenly, abusive or whatever.  You just have to stop getting married because you got pregnant, you're bored, it was Sunday or whatever.

If they raise their standards, they'd find better men.

LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I don't expect someone to change for me. i take them as they are. When you meet the right person that person will make you feel like you want to change and be a better person on your own. Your personal choice. A guy has made me felt that way before and I liked how I felt. Wasn't a peer pressure thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I agree and disagree. I believe a marriage or relationship is a partnership that both sides work on. It's about communication and compromise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured