Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why are men expected to change if the woman doesn't like something?

but the woman shouldn't have to? I see it all the time on here, woman gets upset about something then the man bashing begins, even over stupid little stuff. Ridiculous.  smh.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I find that hypocritical as well

meka26
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM

You should not have to completely change who you are for someone. When SO and I met we had a heart to heart. We talked about things that were important to us. We talked about what we were willing to compromise on too. I hear so many women saying he does this, he does that. I always think maybe if you got to know the person first, you wouldn't be complaining now. We do argue over certain things, but we talk it out. Sometimes we even have to agree to disagree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I admit I am terrible about this.  I like who I am so I am not changing.  I know what I want in a man, so if they are not that I break up with them.  Then they promise to change.  It is frustrating because I worry the changes won't stick, but I was honest up front with them and gave them the chance to walk away.  I wish more men would be honest and upfront about who they really are from the start. 

Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Because they are selfish?  Because they think they are more important?  Because they are spoiled brats?  I think that pretty much covers it, lol.  The male bashing that goes on around here is really sad.

AlliceNWnderLnd
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Men and women should only change if its for the better of the relationship/marriage. 

ashleymosq
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM

What I don't understand is why women marry a guy knowing damn well how he is, and seem to think that just because he puts a ring on her finger, that he will magically change... Yeah it don't work that way. Even if they don't get married, a man being with you does not mean he will change. You knew how he was when you got together, why the hell are you going to try to make him change. When you decide to get into a committed relationship with someone, you need accept them for who they are, not who you think you can make them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM

because women are petty and self-centered? haha. that's how i see it anyway. i never understood why women get to demand their men act a certain way or do certain things...and they are entitled to act however they want or demand whatever they want. almost like they are the center of the universe. it IS ridiculous.

jennjune1984
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM

You know, some people do change after being married.  People change all the time.  So if a woman comes on here to complain about some thing, who cares, let her.  It is not hurting you and just because you have the perfect man, perfect relationship, doesn't mean that every one else does.  True colors some times don't show up right away. 

garnet83
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

We live in a femal driven society. It applies to almost everything. I can give you examples...

Men are constantly told to get in touch with their sensitive or feminine side. But if a woman were to be told to man up or drop the sensitivity, all hell would break loose. It's unreasonable. They're men. They aren't supposed to have a feminine side. Just because they don't operate like women doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them.

Women (typically) crave love while men (typically) crave respect. Those are the ingredients that make men and women feel satisfied in a relationship. We see books and dvd's left and right telling men how to love a their woman but very little about how women can show respect to their man. Since it doesn't sound gushy and romantic, women reject it.

Women drag men shopping, to the opera, and to chick flicks. They think if their man really loves them they will do these things with them. However, how many women do you hear about going fishing, hunting, to ball games, etc...? Some but not many.

When a man follows instructions from his woman, it's sweet and he is being sensitive to her needs (in my opinion he is whipped and unattractive as he has lost his masculinity). But if a woman follows instructions from her man, she is being set back to the 1950's and is in an abusive relationship.

Double standards. 50 shades and magic mike. If a book and a movie came out that had a following of men like these have a following of women and they were sexually appealing to men, women would have a cow. Women would be crying all over the world.."I'm not enough for him!" "Why does he need these things? Am I not enough?" Women would say it exploits women and it's trashy or nasty. But 50 shades and magic mike is fine for women. Double standards. Hypocrisy.

Those are just a few examples of the double standards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you go be submissive somewhere else
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured