Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why are men expected to change if the woman doesn't like something?

but the woman shouldn't have to? I see it all the time on here, woman gets upset about something then the man bashing begins, even over stupid little stuff. Ridiculous.  smh.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Who actually does that?

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I never expected my dh to change. I married him because of who he is and I was ok with things. About him I didnt care for. I made the juvenile mistake of thinking you can change a person once before; then i grew up lol. Maybe little things but dont count on it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
My opinion is if you love someone you will want to change little things for them
meagn3388
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM

bc a man expects a woman to change for him if he doesn't like something

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Because we are women. We go from "Aww what a keeper!" to "DIVORCE THAT LOSER" in 2.5 seconds. Our response is decided by the tone of the OP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM

From what I've seen, it's usually the man that's acting like an immature idiot, that's why. IMO anyway. I think motherhood (in normal cases) causes women to step up to the plate and take care of the responsibilities that ensure a safe, happy, healthy home for her children. Men seem to have a much harder time adjusting. I guess it's all part of mother nature and how we're designed, but the bottom line is that women are capable of earning a living now, so they aren't going to put up w/ unnecessary bullshit....

tennisgal
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM

well I think that is certainly the stigma on here, if DH asked me to change something I would try my best to work on it, just as he would do the same for me. 

Karenjm
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I think it goes both ways.  You need to be able to compromise in a relationship.

mrs.pina
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM
We both changed not just one! We talked about what are dislikes are about one another and now we are more then happy:). I think alil arguing here and there is good for a relationship . Other wise how would one know what bothers one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you go be submissive somewhere else

lmoa, hit a nerve huh. thats ok I have a great marriage and many on here don't so I must be doing something right...shrugs...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured