Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

'No Kids Allowed'

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

every year, BF's mom has a holiday party... she sent out an actual invitation (online) this year... on it, it says 'NO kids allowed'....

i have a 7 year old. should I ask if I can bring him? or just decline? Its the day before Christmas and quite honestly, I don't want to leave DS alone for a few hours, on Christmas Eve.... If he was allowed to go, I'd totally go... but I also dont want to be the odd one out that brings a kid.

ETA: since a lot asked about a babysitter.... around here, the price is $10/hour... I do NOT and CAN not spend $50 for a sitter, just to attend the party. DS is only getting some dollar store toy since I'm so strapped for cash.

ETA 2: i highly doubt it'll be a drinking party. BF's family is VERY- anti-drinking. like EXTREME anti-drinking.... ANYWAYS! i plan to decline... but i'm also partially afraid that BF will have to get the 'mom's disappointed' lecture and look. any time me and DS didnt attend, he'd get that (as well as me when i'd go over to visit)... but maybe she wont do that this time, since she's the one who stated no kids allowed?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Don't ask if he can come, she obviously doesn't want him there. She knows you have kids. He'll be bored without any other kids to play with.

Personally, I would get a sitter for a few hours and go, enjoy myself. He's sleeping anyway.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

have you ever heard of a babysitter?

mackiebugsmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM
If it says no kids allowed I wouldn't ask to bring him...i just wouldn't go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

decline if it says no kids i would take it face value and just stay home

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

If you are not interested then decline. Do not call and ask if your child is the exception to the rule.

LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Sitter and go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Decline
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I would decline. Don't make any bones with your BF'S mother about her "kid-free" party. Tons of people do that. Just politely decline without an explanation and go about your holiday :)

msjoecool
by Crissy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Don't go. There's absolutely nothing wrong with adult only parties.
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

decline

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)