Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

'No Kids Allowed'

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

every year, BF's mom has a holiday party... she sent out an actual invitation (online) this year... on it, it says 'NO kids allowed'....

i have a 7 year old. should I ask if I can bring him? or just decline? Its the day before Christmas and quite honestly, I don't want to leave DS alone for a few hours, on Christmas Eve.... If he was allowed to go, I'd totally go... but I also dont want to be the odd one out that brings a kid.

ETA: since a lot asked about a babysitter.... around here, the price is $10/hour... I do NOT and CAN not spend $50 for a sitter, just to attend the party. DS is only getting some dollar store toy since I'm so strapped for cash.

ETA 2: i highly doubt it'll be a drinking party. BF's family is VERY- anti-drinking. like EXTREME anti-drinking.... ANYWAYS! i plan to decline... but i'm also partially afraid that BF will have to get the 'mom's disappointed' lecture and look. any time me and DS didnt attend, he'd get that (as well as me when i'd go over to visit)... but maybe she wont do that this time, since she's the one who stated no kids allowed?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (181-181):
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM
It clearly stated no kid's allowed for a reason. Just stay home with your family. I wouldn't leave my DD on Christmas Eve either!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN