Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not an animal person=cold hearted and evil????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will admit I am not a fan of animals. I don't get all mushy around them. If it were up to me we would have no pets. We will probably end up with a dog or something.

I would never hurt an aniaml or not take care of one. I am just not an animal person.

Well a few of our neighbors are calling me cold hearted and evil. They tell everone to hide pets from me.

Do you think I am horrible??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (31-40):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I feel sad when animals are abused but I don't get all mushy around them and I think pets are a pain in the ass- especially dogs. I hate other people's pets just as much as I hate other people's kids! lol.

ElitestJen
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Yes.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM
No, if hadnt known my grandmother I probably would. lol. My grandma is a wonderful sweet bigs hearted woman. Like you nearly all animals gross her out and repulse her, she thinks they are disgusting vile creatures. But she recognizes that they have feelings and rely on humans for enrichment and love, so while she has a soft spot for a very select few in the animal kingdom most any nurturing shown by her toawrds an animal is forced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I am not an animal person either.  I am a kid person.  I LOVE kids, can not get enough of them!  If we could afford it I would adopt 10 kids and raise them.  

hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Some ppl aren't animal people. There is nothing wrong with that.
Hey, SOME people aren't kid people ! They aren't MEAN people but they might be indifferent about the cute thing you little toddler said.
I'm sorry your neighbors are odd and alienating you . You aren't the poster who dosed Their neighbors dog with antifreeze. That one was horrible!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I am with ya. I would rather have 10 kids. If I could I would also adobt.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not an animal person either.  I am a kid person.  I LOVE kids, can not get enough of them!  If we could afford it I would adopt 10 kids and raise them.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

No,that was not me.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Some ppl aren't animal people. There is nothing wrong with that.
Hey, SOME people aren't kid people ! They aren't MEAN people but they might be indifferent about the cute thing you little toddler said.
I'm sorry your neighbors are odd and alienating you . You aren't the poster who dosed Their neighbors dog with antifreeze. That one was horrible!

allsolittle
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I do.f think its weird. I am not a cat person. I loathe them.
jamiegraham
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Theres nothing wrong with not being an animal person, my husband isn't an animal person but because of me we have a dog and  cat, he's not mean to either one but doesn't get around them very much.

hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

No, I knew it was not you. For clarification: that woman was a monster. You are just not an animal person. It's no different than someone not allowing smoking in thier home, or kids to cut through thier backyard, or anything else a person just isn't into. My dad is
No longer "into" animals... But rarely says anything about my menagerie when he comes over . (he just knows not to wear anything other than jeans as to not bitch about pet later)
You are a same and normal person, your neighbors need an attitude adjustment, not you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)