Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: I'm a CPS Investigator. Update in red

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 703 Replies
10 moms liked this

Since being a part of this group I wonder if the mother comes onto Cafemom to bitch about me and the system after I leave her home.  I have to say I am pretty fair when it comes to my job but CPS is tough to deal with no matter how great your parenting is, so I get it.  I do feel bad for a lot of the parents I have to investigate.  Many times it is a pissed off neighbor or a divorce situation where the allegations are false and were only made out of revenge.  People abuse the system way too much.  

You can ask me questions if you want.  I will answer them if I can, but keep in mind that all laws are not the same in every State. I will also be leaving in a few minutes to take my oldest son to the doctor.  

Ok, back from the doctor.  My poor baby has strep.  I am going to try to answer everyone's responses but, whew, there are a lot.  I am only on page 2.

I am on page 11 and am now going to make my family dinner.  I will be back later to answer some more. I really will try to respond to all the questions.  I have to say I am pretty impressed with how everyone is responding.  No one is being really nasty or fighting with each other.  I am surprised since this is such a hot topic.  Keep up the good work ladies

I'm back for a few but now my younger son is sick so I will be going to the dr again today :-(

Update 4:15 both my sons have strep.  I am beginning to feel like crap myself.  My husband just got rear ended on his way home from work.   I will continue when I feel a little better.  There are some people who are really asking some serious questions about their lives and I want to make sure I answer them appropriately.  

***there are some Anons being VERY rude to other posters.  I want to make it clear it is not me.  Sometimes it is hard to tell when everyone is quoting one another.  I understand some people are saying mean things about the system.  I get it.  I am not going to respond back in a rude way.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this

All the CPS workers in my area go to a home if they are called, and interview the person who was called on, and then leave without concern. And the real fucked up thing is, they CALL the person before showing up, giving the person time to clean up and prepare for the worker. Makes me mad they do that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Ok, so my ex sil is a horrible mom. She is a druggie and just a terrible mom. Bil is in the process of trying to get custody but won't turn her into cps. I tried calling cps on her but I don't have a known address...what else can I do??? I worry about these kids all the time. One is special needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM
26 moms liked this

I have a question. CPS knows abuse is rampant. Why don't they start putting people in jail for blatantly false claims? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

The way it works in my State, and it is going to make some mad, is that we go to the school to interview the children first and then go to the home.  We never call the parents first.  There are times when the children can't be reached after exhausting all other attempts and we have to contact the parents in order to get an interview, but that is rare.

It makes me mad when other workers do what you described as well.  

Quoting Anonymous:

All the CPS workers in my area go to a home if they are called, and interview the person who was called on, and then leave without concern. And the real fucked up thing is, they CALL the person before showing up, giving the person time to clean up and prepare for the worker. Makes me mad they do that. 

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM
27 moms liked this

You all need to find a way to identify and punish false reporters! Like ASAP

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:06 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:06 AM
18 moms liked this
I think most of you do a shitty job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM
26 moms liked this
This is why my children will be homeschooled.
No stranger will ever talk to my child without me or a lawyer present.

Quoting Anonymous:

The way it works in my State, and it is going to make some mad, is that we go to the school to interview the children first and then go to the home.  We never call the parents first.  There are times when the children can't be reached after exhausting all other attempts and we have to contact the parents in order to get an interview, but that is rare.

It makes me mad when other workers do what you described as well.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:08 AM
7 moms liked this
Here it's hard to get workers to investigate...but I will say that even though I have never dealt with cps I disagree with the way they sometimes work. They work on the assumption that you are guilty until proven innocent and can remove children on unfounded allegations. That's bull, sometimes the allegations are false and those children get abused by foster parents while the parents try to regain custody.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM

What kind of education do you need for this job? A degree?

How do you feel when you see children you know need to be taken, but you can't actually do it?

Have you taken children that do not deserve to be taken?

A common issue in my state (from what I've heard) is that there are not enough foster homes available, but at the same time it is very difficult if not next to impossible to become a foster parent. What is your opinion on that?

Hmm...that's all my random questions for now. I'm sure I'll have more later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN