Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Arthritis In My Knee At 27...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I am pretty sure that's what it is.

My knee hurts, not all the time but maybe about 2 or 3 times a week. It is not unbearable but is very painful to walk on.

I know I should get it checked out. But I fear they will tell me I need to stay off my feet. Which is not possible at all.

I'm a single mom. My job requires me to be on my feet. My son is special needs and has tons of appointments every month. There is no not being on my feet.

Has anyone dealt with this? I just feel stuck because I know it probably won't get better unless I stay off it. But that is not an option.

I did not have any trauma or anything to it. It started when I was pregnant with DS, and it would only hurt every once in a while. Now it hurts more and more as time goes on.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I have a lot of problems with my knees at only 30. I worry every time I bend down that it will be the time I can't get back up lol. You should have it checked out, and don't worry about them telling you to stay off your feet because actually, continuing to exercise the source of arthritis is better for the condition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM

bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Welcome to getting old
Starr1089
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Ive had it since 11months old. Take over the counter meds for it or go to the dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM

My sister was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis when she was 14 and had both hips replaced by the time she was your age.  My best suggestion is to get checked.  If it's arthritis, they may be able to prescribe something for it to at least help manage it.  My sister is 40 and has always worked so staying off the feet is not necessarily what they will tell you.  Good luck.  :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Like pain meds? I really don't want to take pain meds for it. It doesn't hurt to the point where I'd want to take them. I just deal with it.

Quoting SP_Mama:

My sister was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis when she was 14 and had both hips replaced by the time she was your age.  My best suggestion is to get checked.  If it's arthritis, they may be able to prescribe something for it to at least help manage it.  My sister is 40 and has always worked so staying off the feet is not necessarily what they will tell you.  Good luck.  :-)

SP_Mama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM

She was on prednisone (a steroid) and methyltrexate for it.  She wasn't really on anything for pain.  She's now on remicase, which is an IV drug.  I'm not really sure about other types of arthritis, but with RA those are drugs that can help it not progress as fast and they help to limit the amount of flare ups.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like pain meds? I really don't want to take pain meds for it. It doesn't hurt to the point where I'd want to take them. I just deal with it.

Quoting SP_Mama:

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM

i have ra so i have swelling in my hands, feet, knees, wrists, ankles etc... and my dd is severely autistic and mentally handicapped. it is a daily struggle all i can say is you just have to power through it and keep going no matter how hard it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)