Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can I file a lawsuit against headstart??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Last year around this time my two younger kids were in headstart. My youngest who was three at the time is a diabetic. I had to sit through every breakfast and lunch with him at headstart to check is blood sugar and give him insulin because they legally could not. After a simple doc appointment we switch to giving him his shots in his legs and butt area because the doc said his arms needed to heal. (the arms were the only spot our son would allow a shot on a daily basis) headstart new we changed where we were giving him his shots. Right after we changed that I was contacted in person at the headstart building by cps. They said there allegations that the bruises on my son's arms were from physical abuse. The case was closed right away because it was clear the bruises were caused by insulin shots. After the meeting the teacher of my kids class would not talk to me, make eye contact, stayed clear of me, and avoided me at all cost. I knew someone from that building called cps on me and I know they knew those bruises were from the shots and not us physically harming our child. I know it has been a year but could I have done something about the false claim in a legal sense to headstart/teacher for this?

ETA: I dont want to do anything about it now. I was just curious if there was something I could have done about it when it happened. That is all.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM
They all knew about the insulin. I had to communicate with all of them to let them know what changes have been made and what signs to look for in an emergancy.

Quoting adulation:

probably not considering that teachers and childcare workers are required by law in some states to report signs of abuse.  if the particular person who reported it didn't know about the insulin, they were just doing their job. the issue was resolved.  move on.

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Let it go. Why sue over something so stupid? Maybe she didn't think that getting shots that often could actually cause bruising and she was worried about your son. Be happy they actually gave a shit instead of letting it go.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

Why would you file a lawsuit?

cause she needs money now.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

no

let it go.

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Why would you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM

To me, I think that too much time has passed and Im pretty sure they are required by law to report bruises on a child. If you dont like the place and they make you uncomfortable, switch!

Quoting Anonymous:

Didnt believe I could file anything about false claims.

Quoting smushy79:

I doubt it. Why have you waited so long?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM
No I dont need money now. I just want to know IF I could have.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

Why would you file a lawsuit?

cause she needs money now.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM

You can pretty much sue everyone here in the US. I don´t think it is very reasonable to do that more than a year later. Why didn´t you do something right away? 

adulation
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM

the issue was resolved.  if you went back and tried to sue now you probably wouldn't even have a case. good gawd. grow up and move on.

Quoting Anonymous:

They all knew about the insulin. I had to communicate with all of them to let them know what changes have been made and what signs to look for in an emergancy.

Quoting adulation:

probably not considering that teachers and childcare workers are required by law in some states to report signs of abuse.  if the particular person who reported it didn't know about the insulin, they were just doing their job. the issue was resolved.  move on.

Mommytorn
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
No because teachers are mandatory reporters and there are laws that protect them even if there isn't any abuse occuring
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)