Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to get my hair chopped off, what do you think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Which haircut do you like best for me?

Options:

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Other (Explain/post a pic)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

This is a picture of me taken close to the beginning of this year, can't really see my hair too well but it's the only one I have with my hair down and not in a pony tail. Anyways, it is about an inch from the middle of my back now and I am sick of it.  I have very thick hair, and it is a pain to style and it always lays flat on the top of my head because it is so heavy, so I never can do anything with it but put it in a pony tail.  I found a few short haircuts I like, and want to know if you think any of them would look good on me, if neither, see if you can find a photo you would like for me :)  I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow.  Btw, would I look better with some color on my hair?  Maybe lighter or darker?  This color is my natural in case you are wondering because of my dark eyebrows.

Me:

Picture #1:

Picture #2:

Picture #3:

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM

They are all very similar cuts, just styled differently. I say go for it!

Kitschy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM
The first one will look like a mullet if the hair dresser fucks it up. I've had that cut lots of times. The second one is super cute but depending on who does it, you could end up with a boring bob. Just make sure to pay attention to what they're doing. Third one is boring and will make you look older. Second one is my favorite!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say either of these instead as examples, imo... the first two you posted are reeeeaaally close, just styled differently. The first and third, idk, but I don't really think they'd flatter your face shape. It looks like you have kind of an oval face. I'd recommend more volume on the sides than on the top, like the first pic here instead of the third pic you posted. Also if you decide on color, I'd recommend something with a warm tone... with your skin, I think cool tones would wash you out.

Memigen
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I think you would be adorable no matter what but I really like #3.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

eek these are ugly

OP: i like the ones you posted much better  

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd say either of these instead as examples, imo... the first two you posted are reeeeaaally close, just styled differently. The first and third, idk, but I don't really think they'd flatter your face shape. It looks like you have kind of an oval face. I'd recommend more volume on the sides than on the top, like the first pic here instead of the third pic you posted. Also if you decide on color, I'd recommend something with a warm tone... with your skin, I think cool tones would wash you out.

Photobucket

Memigen
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Please don't do that second one. its horrid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Thank you :)

#3 is the very first one I came across that I liked, and then I looked at the other ones because they had more of a bang.  I haven't had bangs in probably 15 years lol

My grandma always complained that I needed a bang when I was a teenager, and I thought that was just "old fashioned" talk lol.  But I'm thinking maybe she's right, maybe it will help give me more of a shape to my face, instead of just a long thing with eyes, nose and mouth LOL

Quoting Memigen

I think you would be adorable no matter what but I really like #3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions :)

The second one is a little shorter than I like, and that's only because of my mom giving me a very short pixie cut in middle school and me being made fun of horribly because of it, so I've just been a little paranoid about my hair being "too short".

However, the first one I like, looks sort of like what I've got posted (choppy, layers), only styled differently.  Gives me an idea of how I can style my hair for special occassions - I really like those "flipped curls" :)

I was a little confused by what you mean about softer or warmer tones... so should I not go lighter, but maybe go darker, like a light brown?

I at one time had my hair black, that was from 2008 to 2011, my hair has only been back to my natural color since the beginning of this year :)

Here's a pic of when I had my hair black:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)