Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2ND EDIT*Why is abortion not murder? If a person attacks a pregnant woman & kills the baby- thats murder

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 92 Replies
2 moms liked this

Im confused. It's not considered murder for a woman to abort a pregnancy , in some states they can even abort up til the 5th month of pregnancy.

So if that's NOT murder, then why do they charge people with murder, when they kill or attack a pregnant woman and her unborn baby dies as a result.

Example, Lacy Peterson, her husband was charged with 2 counts of murder. For her and her unborn baby.

And then there was the man who beat a pregnant lady and her baby died, he was charged with murder.

What makes these two different? Abortion is taking the life of a baby, just as someone beating or killing  a pregnant woman takes the life of a baby?

Ok, I can understand what some of you are saying. That the mother who aborts - didn't want that pregnancy, while the one who had it taken by an attacker did want her baby. But in either case, it's still murder. Because it's STILL taking the baby's life. I don't personally agree with abortion, I would love for it to be a perfect world where abortion wasn't something that any one ever did. But I'm open minded enough to realize that's not the case, and won't be. But if we are going to be real about this, then let's at least admit that it's still murder.

A mother who wanted her baby, and a mother who didn't want her baby, doesn't change the fact that it's still a life that was ened. Wether is was the mothers choice or not. It still ended a life, so it's still murder. An abortion didn't happen naturally, so it's not a natural thing, it was something purposely done to preven that child from being born and living. So it's still murder no matter how it's coated.

Sorry for the edits, it's just easier to edit then to reply to each person.

Ok so if abortion isn't murder, because the mother didnt want that pregnancy, then why do they charge the mothers who give birth at home and kill the baby with murder? She didn't want that pregnancy, or the baby so she took 'care' of it... I'm just confused as to how they came up with all of this. I don't want this to be a bash post, I'm just curious.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsjonzy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Idk. 

big_sexy_girl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
7 moms liked this

There is no difference.  Abortion is murder. 

RedSoxWife
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Valid point!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Because they are unwanted. If the mother wanted to be pregnant, then nothing better happen because a lawsuit will follow. by the logic allowed for pro abortion, there should be no liability for prenatal care unless there are negative impacts on the mother only. Evening else is at your own risk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I'm assuming the difference is one woman is expecting their baby and preparing for it and another person takes that baby's life. Where the other woman is the one who decided she doesn't want to go through with her pregnancy. One woman has the choice and the other woman doesn't. Life doesn't always make sense. It's just the way things are...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Abortion Is murder. But since it is legal to do it they see it as the women choose to do it so its not murder but the attacker forceablly took the babies life and the mother wanted it so then it's murder. I beloved it is murder no matter what but till abortion is made illegal it won't be seen that way to the law. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Oh. Jesus Christ.

Mommytorn
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM
The baby has to take a breath outside the womb for it to be considered murder of a child but there is a charge for killing a fetus after a certain time period (I wanna say 20 weeks old) its called feticide and its a second degree murder charge..but for it to be a first degree charge the baby has to have taken a breath outside of the moms body
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this

The law that makes it illegal is called Conner's law and it excludes abortion. The difference is bodily autonomy. A woman has the right to decided whether or not to carry a pregnancy. No one has the right to end a woman's pregnancy without her permission.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

abortion stops a fetus from being born, it is not a baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)