Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont want my niece coming to thanksgiving

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies

but she is anyway.....we're having a huge party with friends and family making 2,20 pound turkies and the works, everyone in our family and friends is conservative...except my neice and her fiance. they have tattoos and piercings, wear "goth" clothes with raunchy sayings and pictures on them. my niece just told me she got a new HUGE tattoo the other day and they are finishing it tomorrow, so when she comes up here shes going to have this nasty back tattoo on parade for everyone to see. she wont tell me what it is so i cant tell her not to show it off until she gets here. all she told me is theres a fairy, all the fairies iv seen her look at are naked....

i really love my niece...just not her choices...i wish she would do her own thanksgiving at her own house this year instead of coming up here

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM
25 moms liked this

it's just a tattoo (or tattoos).. Be thankful that you have your family there to celebrate with you.

NiCo86
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM
15 moms liked this
shame on you!! so what if her outer appearance isnt to your liking. you love her, so im assuming shes a good person. so what does it matter? as long as shes appropriate (i.e. not half naked) i see no issues at all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM
16 moms liked this
Wow, if I was your niece I wouldn't want to spend thanksgiving with such a judgmental bitch.
natty31105
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM
3 moms liked this

How sad. Thats not ok at all. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow I have no nice words for you.
endoftheworld
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

So what dictates if a person is good or not is by tattoos and goth clothing? You shouldn't be celebrating THANKSgiving if you cannot be thankful that your sister loves you enough to come to the holiday. Shame on you for judging her and her boyfriend on such petty things. I had two sisters. We were ALL best friends. We loved each other to pieces. And my sister, two years ago on Christmas eve, got killed in a car accident. I would love to just see her one more time. Get on your knees and thank God you still have her around, and she loves you and wants to be with you. Seriously. Get a grip, and realize what you have to be thankful for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Sounds like a really nice family. Isn't Thanksgiving suppose to be about being thankful. So be thankful your neice is there to share the day with you instead of bitching about how she acts. Not everyone was made with a cookie cutter, we are all different. Maybe she would feel the same about you if the situation was reversed, you could embarass her.

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad everyone in my family is open minded.

Mommytorn
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree with your reasons BUT it is your house and if she wants to be there she should be conservative in her dress and language..maybe just remind her that thanksgiving is about family not just her and ask that she dress and act in a way that respects her hostess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Thankfully, (as it's the season to be thankful) Your niece is alive and well, and there is much more to her than appearance. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)