Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13yr Old Shot & Killed On Florida School Bus!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

These types of stories just turn my stomach. It really bothers me that this is what our world is coming to!!!!

Story:

A 13-year-old girl who was shot on a school bus Tuesday morning has died, and a male student is being held for questioning, Miami-Dade police said. The suspect's age was not made public.

The victim, a student at Miami's Palm Glades Preparatory Academy, had been airlifted to Miami Children's Hospital from the scene of the shooting. She was on a private school bus that was en route to three different schools when the incident happened, Javier Baez, spokesman for the Miami-Dade Police Department, said.

"They were able to immediately determine that the shooting occurred inside the bus, and that the alleged shooter was also inside the bus," Miami-Dade Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said at a press conference Tuesday. "He was immediately taken into custody. He was detained, placed in a police car. We were able to recover the firearm."

Police have not said which school the suspect attends.

The incident occurred in the area of Southwest 296th Street and Southwest 137th Avenue in Homestead, a city in Miami-Dade County, reported NBCMiami.com.

About eight other children, including a 7-year-old sibling of the victim, were on the bus at the time, according to NBCMiami.com. The victim's sibling attends Summerville Advantage Academy.

"No other children were injured," Zabaleta said. "They have been transported to the homicide bureau for questioning."

Police have not yet determined a motive for the shooting.

Link:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/20/15306868-13-year-old-girl-shot-on-florida-school-bus-dies-police-say?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=2

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The.Hug.Life
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM

What?! That's tragic.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM

That's awful.

hismommy2010
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I caught this on the news this morning, at that time they didn't say she had passed away.

how horrible, schools just aren't safe at all anymore...

Another reason, Im home schooling mine!

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM

:(

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM

horrible!

skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM

thats so sad :( i just saw that on AOL.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Horrible! Last week when my daughter was in the psychiatric hospital, I got a call that a 16-yr old was arrested for bringing a loaded gun to school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Wow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shelbypb
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM

This is terrible I don't understand why a child would want to hurt another child.

Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
amyleigh80
by Amy... on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I live in So Fla....and read about this earlier.  I am so heatbroken and disgusted about this.  I just don't understand why this happens anymore....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured