Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She called and cussed me out!!0..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
Bc DH is lowering his CS. Smh. I can understand it, but when DH started his support 7 years ago he was a 50k base and made more with commission. His support was set to $680 a month for their dd. Now he has a job making significantly less. His support takes right around half of his check now give or take a little. He literally brings home between $350-$500 every 2 weeks depending on his hours. We really can't live off that. I work but it's not enough to offset the support. Even if DH lived alone, he couldn't support himself off that.

She's was telling me "how am I supposed to support my girls now off $275 a month? I only get $500 in FS." (She has another dd whose deadbeat dad doesn't pay support). I'm not sure where she spends it all, she lives rent/utility free, no car, gets cash assistance, fs and state health for her and her other dd (sd is on dhs insurance). Her mom pays her cell. But it's not my concern. Sd is safe, roof over head, well cared for etc. that's all that matters.

I kindly told her that this was not my concern, she needed to speak to DH about this. She told me that her dd is more important than mine and his ds and we shouldn't lower support to care for him, she has her girls to think of and it wasn't her fault that DH had another child. She told me ds shouldn't even be mentioned as a dependent on his support change paperwork and my income should be taken into consideration. I told her again it wasn't my concern. She needs to speak with the CS office and DH. I got called several names. I finally heard sd in the background and told her firmly that I was not discussing this with her, she needs to speak to DH and especially not in front of sd. I also reminded her that she has my number for emergencies only, and this was not an Emergancy. And hung up.

I really wanted to go off on her. I'm rather proud I didn't.

Poor DH lol. It's gonna be weeks before he hears the end of this.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Why do my posts always get lost...? Lol. I need to come up with better titles.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Did this amount get changed by the courts?  If not, you can't just start paying whatever you feel like.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like she needs to get a job,  cs isn't meant to support her and her other kids!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Um ya.. The attorney generals office specifically. It's auto drafted from his paycheck so it's not like we have a choice on what we pay...

What made you think it wasn't?

Quoting chalisa0:

Did this amount get changed by the courts?  If not, you can't just start paying whatever you feel like.  

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM

From what I got the DH is going to go and get payments lowered. so they aren't just changing it on there own the yare going thru the court.

Quoting chalisa0:

LuvnMyCrew3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM
5 moms liked this

The irony of her saying it isnt er fault he had a son when she wants to use his CS to support both her daughters lol

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM

LOL.  I don't know.  It just wasn't really clear.  I got the impression that you all just decided to start paying less.  Glad to hear you did it the right way.  And too bad for her!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um ya.. The attorney generals office specifically. It's auto drafted from his paycheck so it's not like we have a choice on what we pay...

What made you think it wasn't?

Quoting chalisa0:

hismommy2010
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM

If she is having such a hard time supporting the kids, then why don't your husband get custody of the kid(s) that are his?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM
She's one of those that gets a job for a couple of weeks and gets "fired for no reason" or say "I didn't know it was temp!" Or "they mistreated me and I quit". In 4 years the longest job I've seen her hold was at most 6 weeks. And she was soooo tired from working (20 hours)that she just couldn't handle 2 kids so we got sd every weekend. Sometimes we took her sister too. They treated her wrong too.

And when she went back to school to be a massage therapist she was dropped bc of attendance. Smh. She only had to go 4 days a week for 3 hours a day. Her mom drive her everyday to class...

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like she needs to get a job,  cs isn't meant to support her and her other kids!

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I will never understand this. I am lucky to get $30 a month in CS and there are women bitching about amounts like $275? And jeez...he used to pay on the upside of $600 a month for ONE child?! That just blows my mind.

My SO is losing over 90% of his paycheck to CS - on a good month, he brings home $200. His last paycheck was $12.99!!! So I can see both sides of the argument. CS amounts should be fair to both parties. There should be enough leftover for the father to make a living off of. And the payment should be enough to help the mother out with the child's expenses - NOT enough to completely support her so that she doesn't have to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN