Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going anon with this because it may make religious people angry at me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
2 moms liked this

On Sunday, someone knocked on my door. I went to the door and said, "Who is it?" cause I did not recognize the person through the peephole. She said something but I could hear it, so I opened the door. She said we are walking around talking to people about our church and we want you to come to it. I said "No thank you. We are good, and began to close my door. SHe kept going, "Wait, God loves you you need to know that he loves you and..." I interuppted. I said, "No thank you." She thurst her hand into my door and said, "AT LEAST TAKE THIS PAPER!" I was floored. Who did she think she was?! Sticking HER hand in MY door like that. I screamed I SAID NO THANK YOU! GET YOUR HAND OUT OF MY DOOR!" She did and left.

I dont get it. I was so nice. I was polite about it. I didnt yell until she yelled first and stuck her hand in the door. What makes her think she has that right? Next time, I will call the POLICE.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I see so many people talk about run ins with such pushy religious people. I have never encountered that. Guess I am lucky.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Eh. I just take the paper and throw it away after they leave. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You are lucky! I didn't know what to do when she shoved her arm into my doorway when I was trying to close it. I mean that was just beyond nuts! Sorry I shouldn't call her that, but really? I was nice, polite, even kind until she started to yell and did that!

Quoting Anonymous:

I see so many people talk about run ins with such pushy religious people. I have never encountered that. Guess I am lucky.

winkyloafer
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't know why you'd go anonymous over this. What she did wasn't common courtesy, regardless of her religious hullabaloo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol. She really was doing what she thought was best. In her mind, she is saving you from hell. She is captain save a hoe, and you were the unsavable hoe lol

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

MrsRi
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM

People are terrified of the end of the world.  This means that religious people are overly worried about saving and enlightening as many people as possible.

Next time, take it and move on.  It's not worth getting irritated or risk hurting someone - even if they are invading your space.

I had some JW stop at my door on Saturday and do something similar.  So I understand the frustration, but it's ok, it's not that big of a deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM

that's scary!

SusieQue717
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM
5 moms liked this

or... you can do what I do... say "ok, I will listen to your God shananagans, but then you're listening to how much the devil loves me and wants you to be a part in our life... come in, I'm sure he'd love to see you, he's here in my living room... Hail the Devil! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one guy that didn't want to leave my house after telling him no thank you.  I very kindly went to my brother's cd collection and started playing ICP.  Ha he left quick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN