Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going anon with this because it may make religious people angry at me.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

On Sunday, someone knocked on my door. I went to the door and said, "Who is it?" cause I did not recognize the person through the peephole. She said something but I could hear it, so I opened the door. She said we are walking around talking to people about our church and we want you to come to it. I said "No thank you. We are good, and began to close my door. SHe kept going, "Wait, God loves you you need to know that he loves you and..." I interuppted. I said, "No thank you." She thurst her hand into my door and said, "AT LEAST TAKE THIS PAPER!" I was floored. Who did she think she was?! Sticking HER hand in MY door like that. I screamed I SAID NO THANK YOU! GET YOUR HAND OUT OF MY DOOR!" She did and left.

I dont get it. I was so nice. I was polite about it. I didnt yell until she yelled first and stuck her hand in the door. What makes her think she has that right? Next time, I will call the POLICE.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
LovingSAHMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I find it insulting for them to assume that I'm not capable of making up my own mind. 

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Lol that is too funny I'd like to see the looks on their faces after saying that

Quoting SusieQue717:

or... you can do what I do... say "ok, I will listen to your God shananagans, but then you're listening to how much the devil loves me and wants you to be a part in our life... come in, I'm sure he'd love to see you, he's here in my living room... Hail the Devil! 

Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I had some Jehovahs come to my door every day for four days and every day I told them I wasn't interested.  Finally on the fifth day I answered my door wearing my "Proud member of the NRA" tshirt and I told them I finally gave in to Satan because he had a better sense of humor.  They haven't been back to our door since :D

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I had a band of religious crazies that came by once a week like clock work. I was nice and said no thanks I'm Southern Baptist and I happy with my faith and they continue to come.... One day I answered the door in all of my naked glory.... they stopped :)

HollyBoBolly
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ugh!  I hate that.  Take a hint when someone isn't open.  On campus there were these guys handing out pamplets.  I was wearing a shirt that had Semper Fi on it and as I walked by he asked what it meant, I told him always faithful.  He asked always faithful to who?  Walking away I told him to the Marine Corps and he followed me telling me I should be always faithful to God and he kept going until I got to my class.

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Next time shut the door on her hand.. she can not push or come into your home without permission..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
LOL! My grandma told me that my grandpa used to open the door holding a huge knife anytime religious groups came to the door. She said JW started crossing the street when they came near her house.

Quoting Dominosmommy:

When the Jehovahs used to come to my door I used to let the dogs out of the back. That way the dogs couldn't get to them but it scared them enough to see 3 pits and a chow barking at them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Wow!

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

As soon as the word "church" left her mouth, I would have told her to get the fuck off my porch and slammed the door in her face. If her hand was in the door when I slammed it, well then...sucks to be her. Shouldn't have been a dumbass.

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Whoop whoop!

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one guy that didn't want to leave my house after telling him no thank you.  I very kindly went to my brother's cd collection and started playing ICP.  Ha he left quick.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN