Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going anon with this because it may make religious people angry at me.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

On Sunday, someone knocked on my door. I went to the door and said, "Who is it?" cause I did not recognize the person through the peephole. She said something but I could hear it, so I opened the door. She said we are walking around talking to people about our church and we want you to come to it. I said "No thank you. We are good, and began to close my door. SHe kept going, "Wait, God loves you you need to know that he loves you and..." I interuppted. I said, "No thank you." She thurst her hand into my door and said, "AT LEAST TAKE THIS PAPER!" I was floored. Who did she think she was?! Sticking HER hand in MY door like that. I screamed I SAID NO THANK YOU! GET YOUR HAND OUT OF MY DOOR!" She did and left.

I dont get it. I was so nice. I was polite about it. I didnt yell until she yelled first and stuck her hand in the door. What makes her think she has that right? Next time, I will call the POLICE.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I don't like when JW's do that. I turn right around and throw the paraphanelia in the trash oops

parentalrights1
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Dont feel bad. If any other religious group was as pushy as they are they would be crying about oppression more than they already do
Dominosmommy

Lmao!!!!!

Quoting toopicky429:

LOL! My grandma told me that my grandpa used to open the door holding a huge knife anytime religious groups came to the door. She said JW started crossing the street when they came near her house.

Quoting Dominosmommy:

When the Jehovahs used to come to my door I used to let the dogs out of the back. That way the dogs couldn't get to them but it scared them enough to see 3 pits and a chow barking at them.

I have a dream that one day I will be judged not by my appearance but by the content of my character  -Martin Luther King Jr

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM

next time, slam her hand in the fucking door. 

Kitschy
3 moms liked this

They never come here. They see I'm a ginger and know that I have no soul.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Sounds like Jehovah witnesses!
opal10161973
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I had a couple of women come this morning.  I told them I didn't want to talk to them and the one said- all aghast mind you, that I "Didn't want to talk about the Bible?" 

Oh, the HORROR! 

I told them I was doing something important and that I had to go, then shut the door.  Which just insinuated that what they had to say wasn't important.  LOL

momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I once got stopped by JWs on my way to the synagogue on Shabbath with 2 yarmulked boys besides me... They actually had the nerve to tell to take their flyers up to the synagogue! It was so ridiculous I just LOLed and just kept walking. They didn't try to follow me, lol

Sharon
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I did too... didn't stop them or the neighborhood kids selling crap for school, the water purification guy, the idiots selling meat from their truck or vacuum sales guy.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I have a no soliciting sign.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

When the JW's come to my door, I just don't answer the door! THANKFULLY, I have 2 big windows facing my street! When I see them coming, I simply go to my bedroom and sit and wait for them to leave!! They have NOT been to my house in a few years now, which has been REALLY NICE!!

So sorry that happened to you OP! I would have told her I was going to sick my pitbull on her if she didn't leave--even if you don't have a dog at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN