Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going anon with this because it may make religious people angry at me.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

On Sunday, someone knocked on my door. I went to the door and said, "Who is it?" cause I did not recognize the person through the peephole. She said something but I could hear it, so I opened the door. She said we are walking around talking to people about our church and we want you to come to it. I said "No thank you. We are good, and began to close my door. SHe kept going, "Wait, God loves you you need to know that he loves you and..." I interuppted. I said, "No thank you." She thurst her hand into my door and said, "AT LEAST TAKE THIS PAPER!" I was floored. Who did she think she was?! Sticking HER hand in MY door like that. I screamed I SAID NO THANK YOU! GET YOUR HAND OUT OF MY DOOR!" She did and left.

I dont get it. I was so nice. I was polite about it. I didnt yell until she yelled first and stuck her hand in the door. What makes her think she has that right? Next time, I will call the POLICE.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Well I'm not so nice I told this specific girl more then once I'm Greek ortho and she still came back. I had it the last time and said idgaf about her religion and stop harassing me or I'm calling the police
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yeah they can be pretty pushy. Just put no solicitor on your door if you dont want to hear it.

twicethemomjess
i would have slammedd the door on her hand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blondemommy64
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Hah I hate when they knock the 2 mins later ring the bell then knock again...If I don't open the door the first time I won't the 3rd time...I was forced as a child and teen to attend church by my mother because it was something she could force me to do and until I was 18 and confirmed I wasn't allowed to make the decision to go or not. It's pushy people like that that actually turn people away not bring them in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melanie420
I just laugh at overly religious people becuae my aunt and uncle are overly religious and they just can't be serious with some of the shit they say. That being said, I do believe in God, just not religion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Fucking jehovah witness..They knock on my door so many times,it's crazy.Who in their right mind goes around knocking on doors at 7-8 am trying to preach.Dammit,Ya'll motherfucker's don't even believe in Christmas.The birth of Jesus.Here they come with their enlightenment bullshit.

opal10161973
1 mom liked this

*Heading to the store now to buy red hair dye.*   LMAO

Quoting Kitschy:

They never come here. They see I'm a ginger and know that I have no soul.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Sometimes you cant be nice to those people because theyre pushy

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I would have shut the door ON her arm.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

I find it insulting for them to assume that I'm not capable of making up my own mind. 

Me too. Idk about you but I am athiest. It pisses me off how they think just because I don't believe in their god that I need to be saved. Bitch, I'm HAPPY this way. I'm not lost, unfortunate, scared, or stupid. I am not "missing out" on anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)