Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm too young, poor and stupid for a child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
But I'm too damn selfish to top the right thing and give him up. He deserves a family who can afford to give him everything he needs. It's not fair for him to grow up the way I did, in total poverty with parents too proud for government aid.

Age:22. We, dh and I, were 21 when we stupidly started trying.
Income: a year ago, 40k/year? Now...maybe 5k honestly. :(
Housing: a year ago, nice 2 bed 2.5 bath...now in my parents house in 1 bedroom, all thing of value already sold and helping them with their bills. They will be evicted in january.
insurance: we had our own, dh lost his job and im now on medicade and wic (couldnt get foodstamps). Dh has no insurance.
Car: repo'd b/c dad never signed over to me when I got done paying for it (yes, I). Took out a loan, did not pay back.

Baby will be here in 2 weeks or less.. Is it too late to find adoptive parents? What if dh doesnt consent?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM

What happened to you?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Have you talked to your husband about adoption? In your situation it wouldn't be a bad thing. Best of luck. 

an-angles-mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM

As a person looking to give a baby a loving home its never to late to look into this op if thats what you want to do.... its a hard choice to make but you can make it if you feel this way ...

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM

it is not too late to find adoptive parents but if you have any hope of your marriage working if your husband doesn't consent don't give your child up.  Your luck has taken a major crapper on you, I totally see.  But before you give up look into what assistance you can get until you can get back on your feet.

Aislinn
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:33 PM

If your husband does not consent, it is a done deal. It is never too late to find adoptive parents, but without your husbands consent, that does not matter.

an-angles-mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM

PS didnt see the last part he will have to sign off on it and if not then you cant do it since you are married ...

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM

There are agencies to help with some of that but TBH, they may not cover all of it. Man you move with a family member, and go to school? Get some certifications under your belt, DH too!

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Life likes ti hit below the belt. I want allowed to work past 22 weeks because of medical issues. The same week dh lost his job...within a month our savings was half gone.
We were evicted and moved in with my parents. My dad saw dh working at a low paying job as an excuse that he didn't have to work anymore.

Dh and my mom can't afford all the bills on their own and I can't find anyone that will hire someone this pregnant.

Quoting 702girly:

What happened to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I have a BA dh has an AA.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

There are agencies to help with some of that but TBH, they may not cover all of it. Man you move with a family member, and go to school? Get some certifications under your belt, DH too!

brittany208
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I dont think its too late--but how permanent is your situation? Is there hope he could find another job? doing anything at all? I would just hate for you to give your baby up, only to get back on your feet 3 months later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)