Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Angel gifts = dollar store

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friends dd got gifts from the Angel Tree and it was pathetic dollar store crap. These kids are probably not going to have more presents for the rest of the year. Buying them some crap toy from the dollar store to make yourself feel good sucks. If you can't buy a decent toy, don't do Angel Tree.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, if anyone offers to adopt a kid for Christmas and gets them a box of crayons and a coloring book and calls it good, they are worthless asshats that shouldn't have bothered. Let someone else do it that actually wants to make a child happy and to feel special.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Wait...They have already gotten the Angel Tree gifts? Everywhere I know of doesn't give the stuff until a few days before Christmas?

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM

LMAO!

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My children are always happy with what they get and always have been...they don't care if it's from Target,Walmart,somewhere fancier or the thrift shop! Matter of fact some of their favorite toys and clothes are from the thrift shop!

KedrynsMommie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:43 PM
4 moms liked this
I was taught to be DAMN grateful for what i have, Kedryn will be taught the same. If a dollar tree toy isn't "good enough" there is PLENTY of people out there who will appreciate it!

Smh why are teaching our kids to be selfish, ungrateful brats? There is nothing wrong with nice things of course! But what happened to being thankful for what you have and not being greedy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

If your gonna complain then don't ask for help!  Be thankful your child got something!  If its someone else, same thing applies and most places DO NOT pass out Christmas items this early!

an-angles-mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Donating is different then the Angel Tree ... When you donate you dont know where it ends up... but the Angel Tree has a kids name and things they need and want and yes at times there are things on their that i cant even buy my own kids so I buy something a little cheaper but its not dallor store stuff.... people need to remember Angel Tree is where you pick up a name and buy for that child ... Donation you dont know who gets it.. in this case the person who picked up this childs name should have bought something better toys r us has toys priced  20 and under .... as for the dallor store I too donate a toy to their cause I dont know who gets it but its something... angel tree I buy something I would get my kids .. I dont buy for the older kids due to they ask for very pricy things that I cant even get my own kids which is said ... I know every kid wants an XBOX but when you are poor and asking others to get for you.. keep it reasonable and the Angel Tree folks should tell their families this and not to write it down and they need to double check these request to keep them from being added to the tree.... I look and pick the ones I know are being hubble

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, beggars SHOULDN'T be choosers.   Your friend sounds very ungrateful.  She shouls be happy that someone else is buying her kids anything.  Your friend is what the fuck is wrong with this world.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

This. And in all honesty my son loves the cheap little pirate set I got him from there more than most of his more expensive toys lol.

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

When I go to the dollar store, they ask if I'd like to purchase a toy to donate. I always do. I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Ok, is it not more important that they got something at all?  We're starting the angel tree tradition this year with the kids and we're gonna let them pick out gifts for their chosen child and they wont be dollar store gifts but maybe we'll get said little kid a stocking and fill it with little things possibly from the dollar store.  Im just saying that someone cared enough to pull that down so maybe thats all they could afford but just wanted to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)