Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Angel gifts = dollar store

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friends dd got gifts from the Angel Tree and it was pathetic dollar store crap. These kids are probably not going to have more presents for the rest of the year. Buying them some crap toy from the dollar store to make yourself feel good sucks. If you can't buy a decent toy, don't do Angel Tree.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I will make sure to donate a new video game console and 100 games, is that enough oh mighty one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I say if you can't afford to buy your own Kid's Christmas gifts, then STFU complaining about dollar toys. 

Pink.Sunshine
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM

*eyes rolling hard*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM
So you're all saying she should be grateful to have a crap toy that falls apart that day. Great.
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Agreed. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Beggers can't be choosers.
SlightlyPerfect
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Mine's due on the 9th.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait...They have already gotten the Angel Tree gifts? Everywhere I know of doesn't give the stuff until a few days before Christmas?

slightlyperfect

bleedhairspray
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I've learned from recieving when I was younger, give a gift that grows like books. Doesn't have to be the most expensive book or on the top of the best sellers list but a book that maybe inspired you at that age or stands out for you. 

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Here's a thought, now it may be kind of hard to grasp, so get ready,     you ready,     ok here it goes,    how about have the kid take care of the toy,, Marissa has gotten toys for there and know what, she still has them & this was a couple of years ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're all saying she should be grateful to have a crap toy that falls apart that day. Great.

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If you aren't grateful for whatever someone gives you FOR FREE OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEART then don't beg for handouts.

No one owes you anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)